Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Johnny_Mustang
31 Jul 19 19:10
| Topic/replies: 13,693 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
Why not.
Show More
Report truehoncho July 31, 2019 8:31 PM BST
Coolmore?? I don't get it. A fragile 2yo. Surely they have their own? I was thinking Overbury etc.
Report roadrunner46 August 1, 2019 12:09 AM BST
smart move, buying into the kingman bloodline
Report potentialmillionaire August 1, 2019 9:40 AM BST
I think this sireline is starting to look quite consistent and can be relied upon now to regularly supply....unsoundness.

Calyx is a horse with a big reputation and that has been nurtured and Coolmore are taking advantage of that and a sireline they are traditionally light on.

I can see why all parties have done the deal but I am reminded of Prima Donna and Slick'nSmooth's mantra. Steer clear of the obviously unsound, it finds you soon enough.
Report Johnny_Mustang August 1, 2019 10:37 AM BST
In Magna Grecia they already have a G1-winning juvenile and Classic winner by Invincible Spirit.
Report truehoncho August 1, 2019 10:55 AM BST
I 100% agree PotM. And his bare form although good is not outstanding. Surely he isn't more than 7/8k? That means moderate mares to an unsound horse, that doesn't feel like Coolmore to me.
Report roadrunner46 August 1, 2019 11:53 AM BST
as stated in RP calyx will be supported by coolmore and juddmonte mares, could be worth a punt at 10k
Report truehoncho August 1, 2019 1:15 PM BST
I doubt it. He may get a few mares, Juddmonte have enough stallions to support. £10k? sounds high to me, especially when you consider he will get 200 mares at Coolmore. There will be a lot of them at the sales.
Report roadrunner46 August 1, 2019 1:42 PM BST
calyx hopefully will do a lot better than war command, they both won the coventry and if calyx didnt get an injury that year he might of won a group 1 race, they priced WC at 15k euros. 10k could be a bargain.
Report zygote August 1, 2019 3:46 PM BST
I was suprised when I read Coolmore had part-acquired Calyx for stallion duties. They surely produce enough sires of their own, and I am reminded of another fairly-recent acquisition - Most Improved (who?).
Report Johnny_Mustang August 2, 2019 8:32 PM BST
I reckon he’ll be a minimum of 15k and comfortably see over 100 mares first season. Incidentally, I was talking with a UK stallion manager today who is absolutely gutted not to be standing him.
Report truehoncho August 2, 2019 9:20 PM BST
Was it Overbury? I thought he might end up there for 8kish. You are probably right JM but 15k is a lot for a 115 rated unsound sprinter. It makes Buratino for a £5k lifetime nom look very cheap.
Report Big Black Cat August 3, 2019 10:06 PM BST
Another outcross for their battalions of Galileo mares? They can afford to take the chance?
Report Formtwist August 4, 2019 7:38 AM BST
Juddmonte themselves could do with a new on-trend speed outcross sire. With the history of reciprocity between these parties they might be parting with a few sovereigns later in the year ??
Report Johnny_Mustang August 7, 2019 2:25 PM BST
Wasn't Overbury True Honcho. From what I've heard by the way, a figure of €25k is being thrown around.
Report truehoncho August 7, 2019 2:35 PM BST
Thanks JM. 25k wow, Ten Sov's must be 50k!
Report yer ma August 8, 2019 1:23 PM BST
Well if anyone's asking your opinion JM tell them this breeder isn't paying anything like 25k. They do know the its virtual parity with the Euro/Sterling right?!   Kingman proxy isn't that much of a draw surely (and isn't a guarantee of speed unlike say Advertise)
Report truehoncho August 8, 2019 8:39 PM BST
I would have thought there will be plenty of Kingman's available over the next few seasons for those who want one at a reasonable price.
Report Johnny_Mustang November 4, 2019 5:03 PM GMT
Johnny_Mustang
07 Aug 19 15:25
| Topic/replies: 13,107 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
Wasn't Overbury True Honcho. From what I've heard by the way, a figure of €25k is being thrown around.

Well, almost.
Report truehoncho November 4, 2019 5:51 PM GMT
Coolmore have probably got it right with TS
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com