Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Johnny_Mustang
31 Jul 19 19:10
| Topic/replies: 13,695 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
Why not.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 19
By:
truehoncho
When: 31 Jul 19 20:31
Coolmore?? I don't get it. A fragile 2yo. Surely they have their own? I was thinking Overbury etc.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 01 Aug 19 00:09
smart move, buying into the kingman bloodline
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 01 Aug 19 09:40
I think this sireline is starting to look quite consistent and can be relied upon now to regularly supply....unsoundness.

Calyx is a horse with a big reputation and that has been nurtured and Coolmore are taking advantage of that and a sireline they are traditionally light on.

I can see why all parties have done the deal but I am reminded of Prima Donna and Slick'nSmooth's mantra. Steer clear of the obviously unsound, it finds you soon enough.
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 01 Aug 19 10:37
In Magna Grecia they already have a G1-winning juvenile and Classic winner by Invincible Spirit.
By:
truehoncho
When: 01 Aug 19 10:55
I 100% agree PotM. And his bare form although good is not outstanding. Surely he isn't more than 7/8k? That means moderate mares to an unsound horse, that doesn't feel like Coolmore to me.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 01 Aug 19 11:53
as stated in RP calyx will be supported by coolmore and juddmonte mares, could be worth a punt at 10k
By:
truehoncho
When: 01 Aug 19 13:15
I doubt it. He may get a few mares, Juddmonte have enough stallions to support. £10k? sounds high to me, especially when you consider he will get 200 mares at Coolmore. There will be a lot of them at the sales.
By:
roadrunner46
When: 01 Aug 19 13:42
calyx hopefully will do a lot better than war command, they both won the coventry and if calyx didnt get an injury that year he might of won a group 1 race, they priced WC at 15k euros. 10k could be a bargain.
By:
zygote
When: 01 Aug 19 15:46
I was suprised when I read Coolmore had part-acquired Calyx for stallion duties. They surely produce enough sires of their own, and I am reminded of another fairly-recent acquisition - Most Improved (who?).
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 02 Aug 19 20:32
I reckon he’ll be a minimum of 15k and comfortably see over 100 mares first season. Incidentally, I was talking with a UK stallion manager today who is absolutely gutted not to be standing him.
By:
truehoncho
When: 02 Aug 19 21:20
Was it Overbury? I thought he might end up there for 8kish. You are probably right JM but 15k is a lot for a 115 rated unsound sprinter. It makes Buratino for a £5k lifetime nom look very cheap.
By:
Big Black Cat
When: 03 Aug 19 22:06
Another outcross for their battalions of Galileo mares? They can afford to take the chance?
By:
Formtwist
When: 04 Aug 19 07:38
Juddmonte themselves could do with a new on-trend speed outcross sire. With the history of reciprocity between these parties they might be parting with a few sovereigns later in the year ??
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 07 Aug 19 14:25
Wasn't Overbury True Honcho. From what I've heard by the way, a figure of €25k is being thrown around.
By:
truehoncho
When: 07 Aug 19 14:35
Thanks JM. 25k wow, Ten Sov's must be 50k!
By:
yer ma
When: 08 Aug 19 13:23
Well if anyone's asking your opinion JM tell them this breeder isn't paying anything like 25k. They do know the its virtual parity with the Euro/Sterling right?!   Kingman proxy isn't that much of a draw surely (and isn't a guarantee of speed unlike say Advertise)
By:
truehoncho
When: 08 Aug 19 20:39
I would have thought there will be plenty of Kingman's available over the next few seasons for those who want one at a reasonable price.
By:
Johnny_Mustang
When: 04 Nov 19 17:03
Johnny_Mustang
07 Aug 19 15:25
| Topic/replies: 13,107 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
Wasn't Overbury True Honcho. From what I've heard by the way, a figure of €25k is being thrown around.

Well, almost.
By:
truehoncho
When: 04 Nov 19 17:51
Coolmore have probably got it right with TS
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo