Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
18 Oct 17 19:54
| Topic/replies: 4,487 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
High class from a great family. but with his lack of precocity will he be in demand if retired next year?
Pause Switch to Standard View Lightning Spear
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2017 2:09 PM BST
Well there's not a great deal racing out from the woodwork is there truehonch.

He is a bit of a hard sell in my view but as ever if he's glorious looking there might be a bit of mileage but I think it's unlikely that they will have a crack.

However, something's got to retire this time and Acclaim looks the hot ticket unless someone pops up with an earlier retiree than we imagined.
Report truehoncho October 19, 2017 9:05 PM BST
Hi PotM, thanks for the reply. I was hoping he may be a little commercial. As you say there isn't much obvious that will be available in the value end of the market and the likes of Mondailiste at £6k makes me nervous. I like LS and I have a mare from the family of Pivotal and thought it may be an angle to try with her.
Havana Gold has obviously done ok and the 2yo's I have seen of his look good. I guess they will push him up to close to £10k. Mayson has followed up reasonably well this year but I have seen a lot of smaller ones by him this year. Heeraat had some nice looking yearlins and had around 120 mares in his 3rd year so may be a 4th season gamble??
I think Bated Breath may still be available next year at around his current fee and I have a feeling next year could be a good year for him.
It would be good to get some opinions for next year from everyone, I think I am going to struggle with my few moderate mares. I may be back to Monsieur Bond. Remember him?
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2017 10:31 PM BST
Havana is 15 truehonch.
Aclaim 12500 at the National
Bated needs examination I agree.
Report truehoncho October 19, 2017 10:58 PM BST
I saw Acclaim at HQ last year and have him marked down as good looking so you  may well be interested PotM. From a good family and will be interesting to see how he does with Montjeu mares. A little out of my range I'm afraid. HG at 15k seems a little steep. Not as good as Showcasing who went to that price I seem to remember.
Report yer ma October 20, 2017 1:20 PM BST
After burning plenty with Harbour Watch you'd think they'd be a bit more generous with HG but heyho.  My overall take on Aclaim is/was he's two bad runs from being a hcapper and anything north of 10k is too much.  But NS get solid repeat business regardless and the ferguson thing is smart.  Alarming to me how the foal sales (Tatts / Goffs) are so polarised to UK / Irish.  There are very low no's of 6-12k irish sires at Tatts this year which is clearly manufactured and not a pure supply / demand thing.  The pinhookers are predominantly irish and frequently 'tied' up with irish studs - will they be smashing into the Mukhadrams, Outstrips, Hot Streaks, Casamentos, Harbour watch etc.   I think this is a mistake by Tatts (like they'd care) and makes first season picking even trickier. 

Wouldn't be up for Lighting Spear - not enough pzazz to overcome Pivotal / not 2yo.   Bated Breath will be v busy and hope but doubt they'll leave the fee (in fairness they do price sensibly by comparison)
Report truehoncho October 25, 2017 7:09 PM BST
Ardad is standing at Overbury and is probably another reason to retire them at 2!! By the way does anyone know if Cotai Glory is getting a chance next year? He is a big strong good looking colt that would suit one of mine down to the ground and should be cheap.

I notice Darley have fixed next years fees and moved a few around. No new ones yet for the club though. What about Boynton?
Report Wilycayote October 25, 2017 9:43 PM BST
Ardad has a best RPR of 107. crikey, no thanks.

does anyone know Farhh's approx fertility stats last year or two?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com