Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
19 Mar 17 14:50
| Topic/replies: 22,072 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Is this the first 3yo by Frankel to win?
Pause Switch to Standard View Lady Frankel wins at St Cloud today.
Show More
Report sageform March 19, 2017 1:52 PM GMT
Just seen a replay on RUK and it looked very good-no idea what it beat of course.
Report kincsem March 19, 2017 3:46 PM GMT
She was getting three pounds from a few of them, and she was born at the end of January so had a few months on them as well.
I think that Frankel that won a two year old Group 1 in Japan was 2 yrs 11 mths.
Report kincsem March 19, 2017 3:47 PM GMT
*getting five pounds
Report kincsem March 19, 2017 4:58 PM GMT
Not much thought put into the name Lady Frankel.
Her dam was one of two fillies named Lady Vettori born in 1997, both by Vettori.
Report sageform March 20, 2017 9:56 AM GMT
I was mistaken about the 3yo's There are 2 other winners so far in 2017, Soul Stirring in Japan and Fashion Business in UK. I still expect his success to continue. It is easy to find fault with maiden winners but they keep winning first time out despite some looking a bit green and backward as Lady Frankel did yesterday. The one I am looking forward to most is Aljazeera who looked like a real stayer and would be my choice for the Oaks at the moment.
Report sageform March 29, 2017 7:37 AM BST
Another Frankel 3yo winner yesterday albeit at 30/100. The percentage of winners to runners is very impressive for a stallion at this stage of his career. Very few have shown themselves to be below average.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com