Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
15 Nov 16 15:22
| Topic/replies: 965 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
Listed (RA Chesham stakes) and handicap winner off to stand at a fee of £3500 (OR 106).

Decent pedigree back to the old Meon Valley family of Reprocolor etc-half brother to another listed winner

But a listed/handicap winner to stand at stud? And at £3500?

Tell me I'm missing something?
Pause Switch to Standard View Tha'ir-scratching my head
Show More
Report truehoncho November 15, 2016 5:02 PM GMT
May have been of more interest if winning over 5/6f. Mattmu looks a better option if your in that neck of the woods. It is very hard to get horses standing in the North so I hope it works out for them. There are better ones that could retire this year and be in that bracket (Cotai Glory and Estidhkaar for instance) and I think they would get a lot of mares at the right price, look at Coach House last year. I think Tha'ir may well get plenty of NH mares.
Report Wilycayote November 15, 2016 11:55 PM GMT
Pretty crazy, but massive respect for anyone giving it a crack. Think this lad has no chance, but having said that there was a top notch Coach House at Goffs today that sold well.
Report truehoncho November 16, 2016 9:48 PM GMT
Yes Wily, a horse that only ran 5 times and who's career was over by June 29th of his 2yo season got 108 mares. At least Tha'ir raced on and kept up his level of form for a few years. Sill, it's going to be tough.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com