Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
08 Nov 16 18:57
| Topic/replies: 4,377 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
D at £5k and M at £6k. With not much in this price range if one of these is an option for you then the other one probably is as well. How do they compare? Personally I'm surprised they put D up.
Pause Switch to Standard View Delegator v Mason
Show More
Report Formtwist November 8, 2016 7:34 PM GMT
Guess the Delegator camp think his progeny will improve a lot and anecdotally the trainers like what they had. How well the Mayson progeny train on will be interesting, as plenty hadn't much size and scope. There again, getting the juveniles hitting the stakes target enthuses people more and if his second crop do that job as well as he first he is the better deal. I'd say the sales statistics are currently voting in favour of Mayson.
Report Big Black Cat November 8, 2016 8:11 PM GMT
I considered both of these in my fantasy breeding challenge Formtwist, and they would both be well down my list based on the sales figures!

I accept there are other factors to consider in real life, of course...
Report neill d November 8, 2016 9:12 PM GMT
They really messed up with Delegator keeping him in training so long. Should've gone sprinting during his 3yo year and he might have picked one up and wound up a really big deal.
Report truehoncho November 9, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
I tried to use D in his 2nd season but  they wouldn't deal at all. They may well do now. Just been through M's 2yo's and he has got some pretty good one's of moderate mares.
Report truehoncho November 30, 2016 8:02 PM GMT
Ok, I'm still struggling with this one. There is so little in this price range I think I will almost have to use one of these. Their yearling sales this year have held up ok. I think PotM used Delegator in his first season, do you have any insight sir?
Report potentialmillionaire December 3, 2016 3:32 PM GMT
I am sorry but  I have no insight into these guys truehonch even though as you say, I have used Delegator.

Their record is there for all to see and Mayson's  is better perhaps but Delegator would have had significantly inferior opportunities.

I really don't see either of them having scope to necessarily improve much as their book size / quality won't necessarily give them help going forward. I think you need to consider either of them useful right here right now to have a go.

It's a difficult time in a career to judge and I need to be very sure of a stallion to jump in at this stage as the most usual scenario is a rapid cooling.

If you have a true breeding bay or grey mare then I would prefer Pearl Secret. Another grand, Adaay.
Report truehoncho December 3, 2016 4:07 PM GMT
Thanks PotM, I will consider further.
Report proxygene December 3, 2016 5:11 PM GMT
Mayson. A bog trotter with no star this year but consistently above average two year olds in what was a dry Summer. Guesswork on what happens next and how long the wheels stay on any bandwagon but there must still be some upside to him.

Consider this the annual warning of where the pension is being gambled.
Report Formtwist December 9, 2016 5:13 PM GMT
RIP Delegator
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com