Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
07 Nov 16 17:15
| Topic/replies: 4,350 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
Out of my league I'm afraid.
Pause Switch to Standard View £12.5k for Bobby's Kitten
Show More
Report yer ma November 7, 2016 6:18 PM GMT
How to not get an interesting sire line going over here.  Books of 70 mostly owner breeder mares aren't going to give him a chance...how can they not see this.  Mind you can ask 10k for anything with a bit of black type now app.
Report truehoncho November 7, 2016 6:49 PM GMT
He looks a nice stallion Yer Ma, but just not worth that sort of money in my book. I suppose the argument would be that better 70 mares that are worth a £12.5k cover than 120 only worth £5k. If I was looking for a cover for that sort of money I would be over to Coolmore in a flash.
Report neill d November 7, 2016 10:07 PM GMT
Yep go to Coolmore, you've always the chance the thing might catch fire like Zoffany has done.
Report Formtwist November 9, 2016 10:36 AM GMT
Truehoncho, did you actually go and see him as you said on another thread you thought of doing? He looks a bit long on the back on the only photo on the website. Anyone know why he only had the one start in Ireland?
Report truehoncho November 9, 2016 7:35 PM GMT
Hi FT.

No, I was waiting on the fee. I don't like to waste peoples time. I find a lot of American horses look that way(at least by their pictures on TDN etc, I can't afford to go and see first hand!!)
Report potentialmillionaire March 9, 2017 9:49 PM GMT
Has anyone seen him at all?
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR March 9, 2017 10:57 PM GMT
Saw him win at Cork when he was remarkably weak in the market presumably on account of the very soft ground , quite apart from the owner wanting a Royal Ascot runner/winner , there was definitely a suggestion that a preference for soft ground ( in line with his sire who won on the soft in the US) may have been a reason he was transferred to Weld. I heard that a stallion deal was brewing not long after that success which may account for his absence from the track thereafter although bizarrely he would have got his ground at RA as it happened
Report potentialmillionaire March 11, 2017 3:04 PM GMT
Thank you Stellar for your insight.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com