Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Johnny_Mustang
01 Nov 16 14:03
| Topic/replies: 13,695 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
....a Fast Company thread anywhere? Should we start one?
Pause Switch to Standard View Has anyone seen....
Show More
Report Johnny_Mustang November 1, 2016 1:07 PM GMT
Speaking of things which aren't seen anymore, I knew about Dick Turpin but what happened to Roderic O'Connor? Is the National Stud now the most ruthless in Britain?
Report potentialmillionaire November 1, 2016 3:31 PM GMT
What has happened to R O C JM?

Shiny (and expensive) new photo on the website suggests he is still on the roster does it not?
Report Johnny_Mustang November 1, 2016 3:47 PM GMT
Intriguing. I saw an advert for the stud in some magazine or other recently and the roster was only Gregorian, Marcel and Toronado. Mind you, Toronado's fee was wrong (said £15K not £12.5K) so I'm not sure I'd trust the content at all.
Report proxygene November 3, 2016 8:14 AM GMT
Has anyone seen.... Henrythenavigator and So You Think, although many saw it coming
Report Johnny_Mustang November 3, 2016 9:36 AM GMT
Pour Moi and Rip Van Winkle also missing in action.
Report Johnny_Mustang November 3, 2016 10:21 AM GMT
And Rodders won't be at National Stud next year either. Could very well be on his way to India.
Report neill d November 3, 2016 6:35 PM GMT
Jesus, SYT has been a terrible bust, High Chap was a disappointment as well plus his wind problems. Looked a funny purchase in hindsight - an Aussie middle-distance horse. I wonder was it that they wanted a super-horse because Frankel was on the scene or are my dates wrong?

Choisir didn't do much for them, Fastnet Rock coming there someway, now. It's not really an area to pull stallions out of these days.
Report neill d November 3, 2016 6:37 PM GMT
Sad Henry didn't do it at stud. I think he is the best racehorse they have had since Galileo bar maybe the crop of fillies and the mare Found this year.

His race record was a commercial guy's wet dream!
Report neill d November 3, 2016 6:40 PM GMT
Had heard Rip doesn't stamp his stock and that he doesn't really have great quality about him, pedigree a little weak on the damside as well. Highest rated son of Galileo bar Frankel. They'd have hoped for more. I wouldn't mind seeing him try National Hunt, he was a very very tough racehorse at times, what with his foot problems and all. STS in the Eclipse, a sensational effort as was his Sussex.
Report Colonel Sanders November 4, 2016 10:11 PM GMT
Will Pour Moi be sent the NH route?
Report The Headmaster November 5, 2016 12:05 AM GMT
He was medium-bodied, compact, a perfect Epsom type.  Also a bit of a thinking, free-sweating tail-swisher.  Doesn't scream NH to me.
Report Posh Paddy November 5, 2016 2:24 PM GMT
According to The Irish Field - RVW, SYT & Pour Moi staying in New Zealand. HTN sold to Russia.
Report truehoncho November 5, 2016 2:44 PM GMT
It was probably always the plan with RVW. He was just passing through getting a few mares on his way south. I don't think he will be missed much but unfortunately hasn't been replaced with anything better.
Report potentialmillionaire November 5, 2016 3:21 PM GMT
SYT truehonch?
Report truehoncho November 5, 2016 4:29 PM GMT
0 from 11 is tough number to to come back from. I am hoping Mayson stays sensible. They like him in Newmarket and the ones I've seen are good looking horses. The pickings are slim!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com