Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
logikal
13 Oct 16 19:33
| Topic/replies: 455 | Blogger: logikal's blog
Was hoping to use fast company but due to him going to Ireland this won't be an option.

Has anyone got any opinions for 2017 in the UK?
Pause Switch to Standard View Sprint sires for 2017
Show More
Report Posh Paddy October 16, 2016 3:29 PM BST
Equiano the obvious one.  Was £7k this year, although will he go up after 5 black type winners this year?
Report Formtwist October 16, 2016 7:24 PM BST
I sense this is one for Proxygene! Have you just one mare, if so give him some clues on pedigree, and are you wanting only proven sires, or maybe value sires in second, third or fourth seasons?
Report logikal October 16, 2016 7:42 PM BST
Cheers Paddy I have never really thought about using Equiano before when he had been around, though his progeny seem to be progressing well, and he looks to have got a good one to represent him.

I mentioned to someone about Dandy Man a while ago and I got the impression he might be on the move?

Is there any first season sires that anyone thinks will be decent and in England? I know Darley have Toormore in the club, which doesn't look ridiculous at the price, has anyone seen him in the flesh to comment?

Swiss Spirit has his first 2yo next year and his stock seem to have been well received. He might be worth chancing again for a reduced fee hoping he has some good success next year.
Report logikal October 16, 2016 8:11 PM BST
Formtwist has proxygene got anything to do with those free seminars that are on this week or is that a completely different business?
Report proxygene October 16, 2016 11:46 PM BST
No
Report The Headmaster October 17, 2016 12:59 PM BST
Is there any first season sires that anyone thinks will be decent and in England?

Is Twilight Son racing on next year or off to Cheveley?  Shallah?  Profitable?
Report proxygene October 17, 2016 4:02 PM BST
Hi Logikal, no I dont have enough (any?) followers to put on (even free) seminars. I have an ageing website with some explanation on it and offer pointers for specific named mares. In November I retreat into a bunker to put all 2016 data into the program and dont emerge until December. PM me if you have an interest, the first one's free....
Report logikal November 3, 2016 8:29 PM GMT
Hey sorry about the late reply. I think Twilight son should be okay but would be tempted by Mayson.

I do like some of the Aussie sprinters such as Foxwedge and Helmet, though I'm not sure if Fox wedge would be okay. I hope you are okay in your  bunker proxy!
Report proxygene November 3, 2016 8:45 PM GMT
Yes stocked up with firewood and pot noodle.
Looks like Foxwedge not quoted anywhere.
Report truehoncho November 3, 2016 10:31 PM GMT
Proven sprint sires at £5k or under:
Hellvelyn
Monsieur Bond
Mayson(maybe)
Captain Gerrard

Any of them good value? or any more?
Report Formtwist November 3, 2016 11:42 PM GMT
I'd add Firebreak to that list and perhaps Stimulation has achieved enough to warrant consideration.
Report truehoncho November 4, 2016 8:26 PM GMT
I did have FB Formtwist. Don't know why I didn't add him.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com