Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
27 Sep 16 16:57
| Topic/replies: 4,459 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
Wow, that's got to be more than could have been hoped for by the studs. There is no doubt the industry is booming and clearance rates are high based on these figures. Surely this will give encouragement to prospective stallion keepers to stock up for next year.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cable Bay and Outstrip 302 mares...
Show More
Report Formtwist September 27, 2016 8:28 PM BST
Oh dear, I seem to have missed out again......
Report Johnny_Mustang September 28, 2016 8:42 AM BST
Appalling numbers. Some breeders really should know better.
Report davieboy. September 28, 2016 4:02 PM BST
200 plus for Guitafan!  Who is advising these breeders?
Report truehoncho September 28, 2016 6:29 PM BST
I have an opinion. I think if you bought a nomination from the Darley club to Outstrip you are in a far better position than than if you went to Cable Bay. With 150 foals and probably a lot more over the next 2 years he has a chance of getting winners and creating a demand for himself. Therefore your nomination may be worth something even though your filly foal out of anything other than a decent mare (relatively speaking)won't be worth much (even a colt will struggle. At £6.5k (or in that region) the Cable Bay foal is in the same boat as Outstrip without a second chance. However, if they price Cable Bay sensibly in his 3rd/4th season, I will use him because he will have plenty running for him and they are probably from better mares than Outstrip got. Go on, shoot me down.
Report potentialmillionaire September 29, 2016 10:01 AM BST
When one goes first season sire shopping it's a case of the usual checklist. Sire, pedigree, race record, precocity, looks and venue (support)

Couldn't agree more that access to Outstrip for the money aces access to Cable Bay so he wins, all things being equal, truehonch,

It's just,

are they?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com