Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Johnny_Mustang
23 Sep 16 12:44
| Topic/replies: 13,695 | Blogger: Johnny_Mustang's blog
Yes, I had to look him up too.

You wait ages for a son of Kodiac to go to stud then three come along together.....
Pause Switch to Standard View Coulsty to Rathasker
Show More
Report Wilycayote September 23, 2016 1:30 PM BST
prefer the other two!
Report Big Black Cat September 24, 2016 12:57 PM BST
Guys, although I am interested in the breeding aspect of the game, I need some of you pro's to give me a better perspective sometimes.

Now as a layman, I'm looking at this colts racing record, and thinking Meh?  Won a G3 over 5F.

Now of course, not everyone gets retired to stud with Frankel's record, or Galileo's or Rock of Gibraltar's etc etc.  Which is just a well because at some of the covering fees mean that most of you out there will be struggling.

So is COULSTY just a commercially available source of cheap speed (thinking his fee will be  E5K or less) and because he's the son of a pretty 'trendy' stallion it makes sense at this point in time?

I'm sure I'm being a little simplistic, but I am happy to hear your views, and educational words.....

PS Talking about new stallions, Elite's former colt DANDINO (G2 winner and G1 placed) has got himself a nice little job in Aus....
Report potentialmillionaire September 26, 2016 11:38 AM BST
BBC, I don't know if you had a look at the final 2 days of yearlings at Fairyhouse last week.

Well the fact is they come from somewhere and I think Coulsty is being lined up to produce them.

Of course I imagine they think at Rathasker they are lining him up as the next Fast Company or Swiss Spirit.

You pays your money. . .
Report Big Black Cat September 27, 2016 10:33 AM BST
Thanks for the 'heads up' PM-I'll have a look....

I'm assuming he will be less than E5K in his first season (not been announced yet I think?)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com