Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tascro
19 Sep 16 17:09
| Topic/replies: 259 | Blogger: Tascro's blog
Anyone going? Going up Thursday, looking to buy a nice yearling in book 2. Anyone like anything?
Show More
Report Posh Paddy September 21, 2016 7:15 PM BST
You didn't need to wait, think you could have stolen one in part 1.

From the outside looking in it looks hard work for vendors.  I thought Doncaster was ok (Premier) but the auctioneer here is having to really drag money out of people.

Is it the weakness of sterling, further proof of the softening of this end of the market or sign of a move to towards the popularity of breeze ups?

It appears to be very very selective. Red Jazz selling well mind.

Looks like I'll be heading to the gallows again, this time at the Sportsman.Cry
Report potentialmillionaire September 22, 2016 9:53 AM BST
Accentuate the negative Posh, eliminate the positive, latch on to the in between and don't mess with the affirmative.

Does that scan Ok?

Realism at best is all you need for a bloodstock sale but if you have a nice Colt you'll always be in with a shout.

There are too many horses around for sure and I am not sure Ireland can support two full sized yearling sales like this, however if these horses are finding homes then just because lower end buyers aren't offering break even sums I suppose doesn't mean that they aren't present.

Obviously we are all sustained by the ridiculous dream that this game offers, the dream of a big horse that comes out of nowhere in the way that just couldn't happen if you decided you were going to go into business making biscuits for instance.

That will always keep numbers firmly in the over production camp and I'm afraid that some of the sharp practice that happens at a bloodstock sale, particularly in Ireland, also supports a raft of folk who frankly would elect to cut back if they knew that wasn't available as a crutch on occasion.

Posh I am rooting for next week and I shall be following proceedings very closely indeed.

It stops me worrying about my own!
Report Posh Paddy September 22, 2016 8:21 PM BST
Cheers PM, can always count on you to steady the nerves. Much appreciated.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com