Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wilycayote
12 Sep 16 21:16
| Topic/replies: 470 | Blogger: Wilycayote's blog
Thought this guy would have been ideal for Derrinstown, but delighted he's in the UK.

Perhaps Shadwell going to keep Awtaad instead.
Show More
Report yer ma September 13, 2016 10:45 AM BST
Don't know who makes the decision but whoever it is for Derrinstown, they make bad ones.  Arcano flying after gone and this lad should have stood there this year.
Report Formtwist September 13, 2016 2:04 PM BST
I'll echo the wish for Arcano to return from exile, Yer Ma so, if they read this, please Shadwell could we have him in England this time? His record is really good, and we all now get that lots of his progeny are large chestnuts that look as if they should be backward but aren't.
Report truehoncho September 13, 2016 5:43 PM BST
A nice three year old but hopefully he will have some competition next year. I suppose he will be £6/7k.
Report truehoncho September 13, 2016 6:00 PM BST
Sorry to double post but do we think Awtaad will stand next year? I like him, although I would probably have to wait a couple of years for him.
Report potentialmillionaire September 13, 2016 8:17 PM BST
I'm not sure that I am with you yer ma in saying they are wrong to stand Adaay here.

As we all have to pay so much attention to unsound, I'll bred, non durable cheap speed I have always been a bit hacked off with Shadwell preferring Nunnery for their future jump sires and giving Derrinstown the sharper more commercial types.

If they aren't prepared to stand a horse like Adaay then Whitsbury are the perfect commercial partners.

I must say that as my years advance I seem to need to do more by way of analysing these commercial mongrels as they all sort of merge into one and one leaping out seems unlikely. At least venue seems good here.

With Kodiac mania only being outdone by Dark Angel mania in Ireland I wonder if they will have a crack with Estidhkaar over there?
Report Wilycayote September 13, 2016 9:41 PM BST
Assuming Shadwell have kept a decent portion, it could actually be quite a smart move by them with Adaay.

Dont think we can blame them for moving on Arcano. He's had a very good year and proved he's a decent stallion but he wasnt getting the mares so their hand was forced by the market.
Report Posh Paddy September 13, 2016 10:06 PM BST
Has anyone looked at his paper - eek!

A commercial prospect at a commercial stud but that paper has got to be a concern doesn't it?
Report proxygene September 14, 2016 11:03 AM BST
Talking of waning/forgotten Hamdan horses, Aljamaheer is listed as a gelding on the stallion section of RP. not that I was ever located to use him but any news I missed?
Report Wilycayote September 14, 2016 1:49 PM BST
Aljamaheer was infertile.

the new stallion announcements coming thick and fast now. Mehmass a nice one for Tally ho.
Report yer ma September 14, 2016 4:45 PM BST
Misinterpreted the point of my post.  Adaay should have been retired last year as a unique son of Kodiac (as I said at the time) and would easily have covered 80+ mares (Ireland or England).  As for moving on Arcano cause he wasn't getting mares....these are the people standing Haatef.  Maybe hes a Wow in Italy and profitable (doubtful) but surely if I'm a stud standing a 3-6k stallion that nobody wants, I'd be asking Shadwell for a deal to bring him back.  Better still admit your mistake and take him back to Nunnery as their value cheapie.  6th of all 2yo sire, 10th of all sire by winners.  But then again logic in commercial breeding is an oxymoron.
Report Formtwist September 14, 2016 9:19 PM BST
I suspect if Arcano came back he would deservedly command a fee greater than a cheapie. Though of course the TBA seem to regard £15,000 as cheap!
Report neill d September 15, 2016 12:21 PM BST
Looked a quality 2yo, probably hamstrung by the trainer he had at three.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com