Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
zygote
02 Jul 16 20:49
| Topic/replies: 417 | Blogger: zygote's blog
I have noticed that Coolmore/Ballydoyle do not seem to have owned any horses by Sea The Stars. Anyone know the reason why "the lads" have ignored STS?
Pause Switch to Standard View Sea The Stars and Ballydoyle
Show More
Report Sir Epicure Mammon July 3, 2016 12:27 AM BST
Surely they don't want to do anything to boost him? A direct competitor to Galileo ?
Report jockeyhunter July 3, 2016 12:44 AM BST
i think because the cape cross/Galileo cross has never been very successful expect for Australia. But most likely for commercial reasons, coolmore need to find a replacement for Galileo soon
Report potentialmillionaire July 3, 2016 9:55 AM BST
I am sure they don't expect to jockeyhunter.

With Sadlers, Danehill and Galileo having passed through their hands I am sure plenty of people will think they have special skills. They do of course,  but even that won't guarantee any level of confidence that number 4 is just around the corner.
Report A_T July 3, 2016 2:44 PM BST
They don't have many horses by a European sire that's not their own. In fact they might not have any. That's what annoyed Sheikh Mohammed so much.

At Ballydoyle they must have more than half the Galileos in training. Mr Magnier must thank the lord every night Vincent O'Brien found Northern Dancer.
Report truehoncho July 3, 2016 4:17 PM BST
When it comes to their own mares, Coolmore are putting all their eggs in the Galileo basket to find a new super stallion. Whether this is the right approach or not we will find out in the fullness of time. It's hard to see where their next super sire will come from but I would back them to get one. I think a lot of people are grateful VOB found ND.
Report Formtwist July 3, 2016 9:05 PM BST
So far as I can see the focus is mostly on importing speed into their mares by Galileo, Sadler's Wells, Montjeu etc. They have looked to Fastnet Rock, War Front etc for that. STS is another stamina sire so he doesn't really fit the bill for them.
Report Eont July 4, 2016 9:48 AM BST
Is this not to do with the fall out from Tsu.
He accused them of certain things, hence why the dam went to the Irish National stud.
They are then not going to line his pocket.
Report jockeyhunter July 4, 2016 11:02 AM BST
coolmore desire a speedy son of Galileo, as he seems to be producing more and more staying colts. Think they were hoping Gleneagles might be the one but seemed to go wrong a little. they also been busy in australia buying up speedier types to cross with their galileo mares
Report A_T July 4, 2016 4:18 PM BST
they only use their own stallions - they're not looking to help Darley, the Aga Khan or Juddmonte in any way. How many of their mares have they sent to Frankel?
Report STELLAR MANIPULATOR July 5, 2016 8:31 PM BST
I mentioned to APOB once how well the STS first crop ( at the time they were 3yos ) were doing and he told me that he thought that they were a bit slow !
Report neill d July 5, 2016 8:57 PM BST
Do they not have a few Frankels? A few years ago they had a recipricol with Juddmonte and I remember them having a few by Oasis Dream.
Report A_T July 10, 2016 6:05 PM BST
Group 1 winner today over a mile in France
Report push July 10, 2016 7:08 PM BST
The Galileo son to carry on the sireline looks like being Frankel, still time for Coolmore to find their own.
Report sageform July 10, 2016 7:49 PM BST
Zelzal looked very impressive too.
Report truehoncho July 11, 2016 8:13 PM BST
Push. A long way to go for Frankel. No stakes winners yet and no big 2yo races coming his way with the ones that have run.
Report brain dead jockeys July 11, 2016 9:17 PM BST
zelzal won the worst group 1 run in irl/uk/france so far this year.
Report A_T July 11, 2016 10:01 PM BST
Sure a long way to go for Frankel - but Galileo hadn't even had a winner yet in his first season and I don't think had a group winner all season.
Report brain dead jockeys July 11, 2016 10:32 PM BST
sea the stars = second best turf horse i saw (25 years of racing)............great to see the best horses star at stud
Report truehoncho July 12, 2016 5:46 PM BST
A_T your comparing oranges and apples. If Frankel doesn't get a couple of group winners at least, he is in trouble. No horse has ever got the book he got in his first season. I think he will be ok, but he'd better get his skates on.
Report A_T July 12, 2016 8:34 PM BST
The kind of mares he's been covering - never really expected to produce speedy 2yos. He's only had 6 run in the UK so far. I doubt anyone's worried in the least.
Report truehoncho July 12, 2016 10:12 PM BST
So you think that New Approach got speedier mares than Frankel, I doubt it. I'm sure they're not worried yet but unless something comes out soon they will get worried. They will have to good to beat the like of War Decree, Boynton etc and I can tell you that the ones I've seen so far are not great specimens either. They had to pony Cunco to the start on Saturday and as good as he is he won't be winning a decent group race this year. I'm sure classy book of mares will come through for him...........eventually.
Report sageform July 14, 2016 7:11 AM BST
Another new sire who was in the shadow of Frankel is Nathaniel. His progeny were always likely to be late arrivals on the racecourse but he has had 2 winners recently.
Report sageform July 16, 2016 7:46 PM BST
Born To Sea sired his first GB winner with Star of Rory at Haydock this evening.
Report brain dead jockeys July 17, 2016 1:13 AM BST
famous name had a very impressive winner during the week in UK............
Report jockeyhunter August 21, 2016 11:10 AM BST
coolmore have a frankel colt running today
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com