Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
10 Apr 16 18:06
| Topic/replies: 4,459 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
Not a bad start to the season for a £3.5k stallion
Show More
Report truehoncho May 21, 2016 10:13 PM BST
Devonshire G2. More handicap and 2yo winners this last couple of weeks. Is he making an impact at £3.5k?
Report potentialmillionaire May 22, 2016 9:01 AM BST
Beware the proxygene effect Scared

(Sorry P, couldn't help myself! But well done for making that choice)
Report proxygene May 22, 2016 1:37 PM BST
Who knows, one of these days I might be in the right place and at the right time...
Report proxygene May 22, 2016 2:03 PM BST
Good grief maybe sooner than I thought
Report truehoncho May 22, 2016 3:09 PM BST
Sometimes fishing around at the bottom end hooks you a winner. Let#s home he keeps it up, it certainly doesn't look like a fluke so I am hopeful. I do have another filly that could be covered this year and would suit him. A lateish foal but at his price it may be worth it.
Report potentialmillionaire May 28, 2016 9:36 AM BST
W.T.F ?

I understood that Fast Company came over here partly as a result of 'the club' in as much as it may have been a protest by his previous connections to the club and the impact it would have on independent operations and their need to actually make money occasionally.
It does smack of an intention of levering The Club into a successful position in Ireland when in truth some or all of the first intake are eminently forgettable in my eyes at least, whereas Outstrip is a fully paid up success ( rightly or wrongly) over here.
Fast Company should definitely have stayed over here as we are traditionally weak in his bracket, but I thought after last weekend that Overbury would be shafted but without doubt those 10k club memberships are imo going to fly off the shelves.
Report truehoncho May 28, 2016 10:52 AM BST
I just read the article after your post PotM. From a personal point of view it's a disappointment as I used Overbury this year for a couple of mares and was hoping to use FC next year. I probably would have been persuaded to part with £8k for a nomination to him every year as I think he will be commercial enough for the next 3 years at least but I'm not crossing the water. Its very difficult for small breeders like me to get a proven stallion so building up a relationship with the stud helps to get into an odd one at a sensible price. If they get shifted aa soon as they get any success it makes life tough. Darley's activity seems to be increasing across the board, they are leaving as few stones as possible unturned. The pretence of looking for value for money is now a memory. With stallions like Shamardal, Dubawi etc and their broodmare band they should be churning out loads of commercial stallions at all price ranges. They really are a moderate outfit but will probably succeed because they will support their stallions which will incentivise commercial breeders to use them. Hopefully Overbury will find a nice first season replacement for him next season at a sensible price (sub £5k :-))
Report sageform May 28, 2016 12:31 PM BST
Not sure what mares you have but Monsieur Bond is still at £4k.
Report truehoncho May 29, 2016 9:26 AM BST
I have used him Sageform, there are not too many in that bracket. I have noticed that the media is reporting that FC is E10k for a lifetime nomination and nothing about using him for three years to be entitled to it or using him every year. I know he isn't first season so getting him full books for years 2 & 3 aren't an issue but it makes this deal a little better than the original one. Am I missing something (I usually am). It actually looks a good deal.
Report truehoncho June 12, 2016 5:44 PM BST
And now Profitable. These boys are relentless, will this be in the Darley Club?
Report potentialmillionaire June 12, 2016 6:36 PM BST
To me truehonch, the club has been about older forgotten horses who are just plain awkward to get going but who stand the merest sniff of a chance and therefore fall into Darley's 'too scared to let go', just in case bracket.

Profitable is current, he's by a current sire and he has presumably cost them plenty. If he can go on and command a fee of 7500 k or over then I think he will have a conventional launch.
Report potentialmillionaire November 1, 2016 11:08 AM GMT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com