Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jim smith
17 Mar 16 00:20
| Topic/replies: 2,771 | Blogger: jim smith's blog
could someone give me an approx all-in price range for boarding a breeding mare per year in (a) England, (b) Ireland? i would need a farm which had a reasonable reputation sufficient to help the produce get a price at the sales. how much do you then need to add for a weanling foal? i just need ballpark figures as just a possibility at this stage. thanks.
Pause Switch to Standard View novice question
Show More
Report truehoncho March 18, 2016 11:51 AM GMT
£10k
Report Formtwist March 19, 2016 7:42 PM GMT
Hello Jim,

Truehoncho has possibly underestimated. I can't comment on Ireland at all, but first question is whether you are a registered business so you can reclaim VAT. Then look at boarding costs at the National Stud as a guide. Add foaling fees, vets bills, transport for covering etc. The further away from Newmarket as a rule the cheaper the boarding rate. Studs vary when they charge foal costs separately, sales prep costs and commissions.

Don't expect a profit on a first foal or a filly. Hunt around for value and people you trust. If you have a sire in mind board there if you can.
Report jim smith March 21, 2016 11:36 PM GMT
thanks guys. yes am registered for vat which will ease the pain a bit. may be back for more advice if giving this a go Grin
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com