Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Gotchee
22 Feb 16 22:28
| Topic/replies: 2,689 | Blogger: The Gotchee's blog

Six mares, all dams of Derby winners at Cloughran Stud, Swords, Dublin in 1931. There to visit the Blandford.
Left to right  Waffles, dam of Manna (1925 2000 Guineas and Derby). Felkington, dam of Felstead (1928 Derby). Malva, dam of Blenheim (1930 Derby). Athasi, dam of Trigo ( 1929 Derby, St. Leger and Irish St. Leger). Una Cameron, dam of Cameronian ( 1931 2000 Guineas and Derby) and Miss Matty, dam of Papyrus (1923 Derby)
Pause Switch to Standard View Cloughran Stud
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire February 23, 2016 10:49 AM GMT
It's taken me about 5m attempts to login here today/yesterday, is it my dodgy internet connection?

Thanks for the picture the Gotchee. I reckon with the exception of the draught horse front left, those mares would probably stand close inspection nowadays. Amazing times for that sire!
Report kincsem February 23, 2016 2:00 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H0JvA3EB5g
Behind the Coachmans pub near Dublin airport.
Report kincsem February 23, 2016 2:15 PM GMT
Waffles – no 1932 produce in my database

Felkington – September Errand (m. 1932)
The foal was a sire and is found in the pedigree of The Brianstan (1967)

Malva - no 1932 produce in my database

Athasi – Choclo (f. 1932)
Produced a few and I found her on the dam line of Nouvelle Destinee (2011)

Una Cameron- no 1932 produce in my database

Miss Matty- no 1932 produce in my database
Report kincsem February 23, 2016 2:31 PM GMT
Car park gets green light

10/06/2009
FINGAL County Council has given permission for the development of another massive car park at Cloghran despite considerable opposition to the plan.
Park Developments Dublin Ltd have been granted 'temporary permission' for a period of ten years to demolish existing farm buildings at the former Cloghran Stud Farm and construct a car park with 2,715 spaces aimed at catering for airport traffic.
The site on Old Stockhole Lane would be turned into a 2,715 space, surface car park together with internal roads and bus parking, lighting, drainage and exit and entry control facilities.
The proposal also includes the upgrading of some 300 metres of Old Stockhole Lane and a 2.4 metre high palisade fencing on all boundaries to the seven hectare site.
The plans were recently discussed by councillors on the Malahide/Howth Area Committee where they were roundly rejected.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com