Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Black Cat
21 Jan 16 23:07
| Topic/replies: 965 | Blogger: Big Black Cat's blog
For those interested, plans announced so far as follows:

AFFINITY (Sadler's Wells-Kalinka-) Half sister to SOVIET SONG and SISTER ACT and the Dam of ZEST will visit PIVOTAL

KALINOVA (Red Ransom-Kalinka) Dam of stakes winner STARS ABOVE ME will visit CAMELOT

Elite's yearlings have been named as follows:

Exceed and Excel ex Sister Act - Tribute Act (half sister to RIBBONS)

Excelebration ex Marlinka - Marseille (half sister to MARSHA)

Sepoy ex Baralinka - Sentinel

Speightstown ex Soviet Song - Roubles (dam is 5 time G1 winning mare)
Pause Switch to Standard View Elite Racing Club mating plans 2016
Show More
Report truehoncho January 22, 2016 7:48 AM GMT
Always interested to hear what everyone is up to Big Black Cat. There should be at least one out of that bunch to get you into  a Saturday winners enclosure. We're still trying to crack Wolves and Chelmsford.

Good Luck
Report kincsem January 22, 2016 2:53 PM GMT
Good luck.
I like the Camelot-Kalinova.
Report Big Black Cat January 22, 2016 5:02 PM GMT
Thank you truehoncho and kincsem.

The club very much punches above its weight for the size of its breeding operation.

RIBBONS will also be added to the broodmare band this year too.  No news of her covering yet.

I have to say I am tremendously excited about ZEST this year, she seems to get regular mentions of the JRF website, which is always a good sign.

May I wish you both the best of luck with your stock this year.

Best
BBC
Report Big Black Cat January 26, 2016 6:41 PM GMT
A further update

MARLINKA (MARJU-BARALINKA) Dam of JUDICIAL and MARSHA will visit DARK ANGEL.

SISTINE (DUBAI DESTINATION-FICKLE) will visit LOPE DE VEGA.

CHINA TEA (HIGH CHAPPARAL-MOLASSES)will visit ACCLIMATION

STARS ABOVE ME (EXCEED AND EXCEL-KALINOVA) will visit ACCLIMATION

NEW FFOREST (OASIS DREAM-FFESTINIOG) will visit KYLLACHY.

No news of a mate for RIBBONS (MANDURO SISTER ACT) yet.

Good luck all
BBC
Report Big Black Cat January 27, 2016 11:02 AM GMT
A further update is that RIBBONS has been sold to an American breeder and is to be covered by FRANKEL.....
Report Jezebel January 27, 2016 1:14 PM GMT
The Marlinka - Dark Angel could be a little speedball.  Hope they all get in foal and have safe deliveries.

A shame that Ribbons has ended up being sold after all, I know there was a lot of optimism you'd all get to enjoy her breeding exploits after she was bought back in at the Dec sales, but how exciting to have a potential Frankel foal of hers to cheer on from the sidelines in due course.
Report Big Black Cat January 28, 2016 4:00 PM GMT
Thank you Jezebel. The thinking behind the Marlinka covering is that Dark Angel may add a bit of stamina into the pedigree! Both MARSHA and JUDICIAL are out and out 5F horses it would seem  :-)

Interesting it was reported that it was much harder to get a covering by Dark Angel this year than when we sent SISTINE to him a couple of years ago (No s*** Sherlock!)

Its fantastic that RIBBONS is getting such a stellar covering, giving her a great chance as a broodmare.  Her own dam would have been an absolute superstar for us if she had survived I think, and this lady has every chance with coverings like this.
Report Big Black Cat February 21, 2016 5:22 PM GMT
RIBBONS was covered by FRANKEL on St Valentine's Day.....lets hope she for a successful mating and a nice early foal in 2017.

I hope he bought her some roses :-)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com