Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
proxygene
06 Jan 16 12:53
| Topic/replies: 440 | Blogger: proxygene's blog
Was it you PM or was it my reply, or if everyone else is ok is it my PC>?
Pause Switch to Standard View who broke the forum?
Show More
Report truehoncho January 6, 2016 1:00 PM GMT
Quick somebody plug Proxygene back into the matrix
Report potentialmillionaire January 6, 2016 1:54 PM GMT
It could have been me as I am cackhanded enough to break anything.

I will confess to having posted this morning on the Is that it for 2016 thread which seems to have disappeared without trace.

It worked at the time though. Have I been sabotaged?
Report proxygene January 6, 2016 3:26 PM GMT
I fear it was my witty, well written and insightful reply to it that caused such a glitch or need for removal.

No need to worry though powers that be, the senility has struck so if I try and repost (if the thread is ever retrieved) it will have been watered down to the usual standard of nerdy drivel.
Report proxygene January 6, 2016 3:59 PM GMT
Interestingly the thread can still be accessed via your posting history, but a new post hasn't boinged it back into this years list.
Report potentialmillionaire January 6, 2016 6:19 PM GMT

Jan 6, 2016 -- 7:54AM, potentialmillionaire wrote:

It could have been me as I am cackhanded enough to break anything.I will confess to having posted this morning on the Is that it for 2016 thread which seems to have disappeared without trace.It worked at the time though. Have I been sabotaged?

I'm afraid I can't see your well written insightful reply proxy, even going via your posting history

I am only coming here through my favourites. It seems that the B and B listing on the left hand side under Horse Racing has gone too. Are we being constructively dismissed?

At least have the decency to tell us Betfair.

Report truehoncho January 6, 2016 8:55 PM GMT
You're right PotM, the only way I can get on here is through my favourites bar. It'a a weird one, unless you know we're here you won't find us.
Report proxygene January 6, 2016 9:37 PM GMT
Are we now in the dark web? or some of these other places

What is the Dark Web? How to access the Dark Web. What's the difference between the Dark Web and the Deep Web?
The UK government has launched a dedicated cybercrime unit to tackle the Dark Web. But what is that? We explain what is the Dark Web, how it differs from the Deep Web, and how to access the Dark Web. Plus: the Deep Web, the Deepnet, the Invisible Web, the Hidden Web and the Dark Internet. Everything you need to know about the hidden internet.
Report potentialmillionaire January 6, 2016 10:08 PM GMT
Well proxy,

If we weren't heading to Hell in a Handcart already, I fear that your diatribe might just seal our fate!

I think you might be a deciple of David Icke, sitting on a chair made of Yew wearing a yellow scarf and facing north with a dark chocolate hobnob clamped under your left armpit.

Am I close?
Report proxygene January 6, 2016 11:33 PM GMT
Turqoise was always my colour, shellsuit or not.
Report Posh Paddy January 7, 2016 1:16 PM GMT
I turn my back for 5 minutes and look what you've done.

Has Decemder just disappeared into a black hole? Where were we posting then?  We must have entered some alternate reality for that month.Crazy

It's all very strange
Report truehoncho January 7, 2016 2:57 PM GMT
Are you a reptilian Proxygene?

My guess is somebody accidentally slipped Prima Donna's name into a thread somewhere and he has used his far reaching influence to wipe December from 2015.
Report proxygene January 7, 2016 4:25 PM GMT
December may have been a bit bad but not enough to erase it.
Report yer ma January 8, 2016 12:44 PM GMT
I see we've been moved to MW or even LW like test match special.  Can't be down to thread volume - no-ones posted on the Cycling forum since November.  They don't take many bets on 'what sires do you like' though do they...the end is nigh.

I think I'm sending one to Hallowed Crown and/or Shooting to Win...any views PotM / others.  Getting the hard sell on Kingston Hill and Ivawood but holes in both not least the 200 covers the latter will get.
Report Formtwist January 8, 2016 2:10 PM GMT
A funny thing happened on the way to the Forum! Apparently in Classic view, for which there is a Switch to button, the forum is still on the index. Plus you can get December threads through posting histories if you know who posted when. We have obviously been classed as dinosaurs, which I believe are also reptilian. Either that or PotM gave too accurate a critique of a stallion for the liking of someone influential.....

So, PotM, have you yet seen Brazen Beau?
Report potentialmillionaire January 8, 2016 9:39 PM GMT
Should we have a contingency plan folks?

If we are to be squeezed our, and indeed I find it rather sad that we won't ever attract any new colleagues buried so deep as we are, has anyone any ideas as to where we might decamp? Anyone post anywhere else?
I have one idea if all else fails, or perhaps you're all counting the days till I'm wiped of the face of the earth by proxygene's undeniable turquoise messiah. . .

I've not spoken to Coolmore atall this year yer ma so I don't know their angles. I quite like Ivawood but as you say he is going to be quite obvious and fairly priced for a lot of people. I wouldn't be anti Kingston Hill but he's a gamble and I would need to see him for sure.

The reverse shuttlers at Kildangan I have had to look up!
I would be terrified of using two of them as its perhaps too many eggs. Hallowed Crown seems the more obvious and Shooting to Win is perhaps a bit enormous? Book your Ryanair 30 quidder before you decide as you've got to be sure your 100% suited to use a horse that lacks a profile.

Formtwist, I'm going to charge diesel money such has been my flitting round this time!

Brazen Beau is as he looks in the picture. He looks like a non moving sprinter and lo, that's what he is.

He shuffles at best but the mare I had in mind is a great walker and he corrects some of her drawbacks so I am going ahead. He's a commercial stamp and I'm quire happy.
Report workrider January 9, 2016 10:36 AM GMT
One of the most enjoyable forums, with great contributions from people willing to help out others in need , long may it continue , hands off I say..
Report Formtwist January 12, 2016 2:42 PM GMT
potM, many thanks for the critique of Brazen Beau - you are so good at describing things. I did chuckle though at your final sentence as a quote from George Bernard Shaw ran through my mind reading it "the beautiful dancer, who said to Shaw, “Would it not be wonderful if we could have a child who had your brains and my beauty?” His reply was, “Yes, but supposing it had your brains and my beauty!” We are all optimists in this game of course and side with that dancer.......and certainly Brazen Beau is probably commercial and fair value.

I hope your long journeys around the country have yielded not only this year's nominations but also that maiden mare you were hunting?
Report potentialmillionaire January 12, 2016 8:59 PM GMT
Formtwist, if the dancer had been plain and foolish then the odds would have been truly prohibitive, but you can't blame her for trying!
I'm always juggling faults with my mares and never quite able to find the money for the Galileos of this world so it will always be about trying to beat the odds as best I can.

Talking of juggling, I never did nail a new maiden mare settling instead for a young pregnant one on a reasonably early cover so I've got something to mate this spring. Don't much like the cover or the pedigree so there's that good ol' compromise, or stack of them, once again!
Report Posh Paddy January 13, 2016 9:20 PM GMT
Back to the matter in hand. Now I havn't been viewing the forum regularly but by any chance did someone mention a certain book that has been published recently about the author's time working at a certain stud which is less than complementary about them? Devil

Maybe why that's why we are inhabiting the dark web!Whoops
Report Lairy Mary January 14, 2016 2:09 PM GMT
I love this forum - its one of the best behaved and genuinely informative I have ever been part of!  If it hadn't been for Mvlad (sorry if spelt wrong) posting on main racing forum, I would never had found my way back.  Has anyone contacted BF to ask what the feck is going on?
Report MadVlad January 14, 2016 3:46 PM GMT
^ your welcome Crazy
Report Formtwist January 14, 2016 4:18 PM GMT
Oh good, more people arriving. Welcome back. Anyone with influence please help persuade Betfair we do matter - Johnny-Mustang where are you? I fear Yer Ma is right that we aren't the generator of a lot of betting, but we do only have a slow moving leading sire market of our own. Plus there would be no horse racing markets at all without us breeding the runners.

Posh Paddy, you've caused me a lot of time and effort searching the white web for that book, but I've found the one you mean! Is it worth reading? I presume the Gotchee has got a copy........
Report Pannacotta January 14, 2016 7:37 PM GMT
I have finally been allowed access to this fascinating forum and it appears that is about to disappear. I hope not as some advice would be greatly appreciated.
Report truehoncho January 14, 2016 10:04 PM GMT
Formtwist, please give me a clue on the book
Report Formtwist January 14, 2016 10:15 PM GMT
Lloyds Bank
Report proxygene January 14, 2016 11:01 PM GMT
Now if anyone on here had any sales to Chasemore that might be a route of contact. My direct message seems to have gone the way of Decembers posts.
Report Formtwist January 14, 2016 11:10 PM GMT
The Black web indeed!
Report Formtwist January 14, 2016 11:17 PM GMT
Oh, and a warm welcome to you Pannacotta, feel free to post a new thread asking for the advice you want.
Report Posh Paddy January 15, 2016 1:45 PM GMT
FT, no I have not read the book in question.  No doubt I've heard it all before.  They are a neighbour after all.

PM makes a fair point, if we are on borrowed time, does anyone know of a forum we might migrate too like the Animals of Farthing Wood as our habit is bulldozered.
Report Formtwist January 15, 2016 2:17 PM GMT
Thanks PP didn't think the review I read made it worth the hassle of getting a copy! Now, Proxygene seems to be an expert with computers - could you set up a forum for us Proxy? We could get links posted on bloodstock related sites to get new people, I should think if you could. I suppose the relegation to the underworld could be less Betfair driven than the impending merger with the Powers that be...
Report proxygene January 15, 2016 2:49 PM GMT
if the worst came to the worst pedigreequery has forums but there be trolls; and not sure they would set up a uk branch. My computer skills never really progressed from the sinclair spectrum, a facebook page might be another option it works for eg Family History societies.
Report Formtwist January 15, 2016 3:38 PM GMT
What we need is something along the lines of the Australian one http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/. Their public breeding section is well organised. Wonder if the TBA would do one?
Report chopper9 January 15, 2016 6:02 PM GMT
New here, is this forum closing down?
Report kincsem January 20, 2016 1:30 PM GMT
It disappeared for a week or so but it is back today.
There is a lot of rubbish talked here but less than other forums. Happy
Report Jezebel January 20, 2016 3:19 PM GMT
Hopefully Betfair have seen the light and this post won't be necessary, but just in case...Talking Horses have a breeding & bloodstock thread which runs throughout each year, and if there was enough traffic the site owner, who seems a reasonable guy, might be agreeable to setting up a B&B sub-forum.  There's no subscription charge.
Report Formtwist January 20, 2016 3:28 PM GMT
I posted on MadVlad's thread before, but I contacted Betfair directly about this and they assured me it was a technical error and that they had no intention of removing or downgrading this forum on the Betfair Community. I don't think they realised it hadn't been on the main menu, they fixed that the next day, so I'd stop worrying about alternatives now.
Report Jezebel January 20, 2016 3:55 PM GMT
That's reassuring, thanks for the update Formtwist.
Report workrider January 20, 2016 4:33 PM GMT
Welcome back lads....
Report kincsem January 20, 2016 5:03 PM GMT
And Betfair replied to my e-mail saying there were other forums we could use if we wanted to talk about breeding. Surprised
Report kincsem January 20, 2016 5:04 PM GMT
Betfair said "Thanks for getting in touch. This was a planned removal with the view that the more general topics provide ample opportunity to post, with regards to Horse Racing.!
Report Johnny_Mustang January 20, 2016 7:27 PM GMT
I feel a bit like the fat kid at school. The one nobody wanted in their team and was the last one chosen but I'm glad to be back anyway whilst you buggers merrily posted away in my absence.
Report Formtwist January 20, 2016 7:32 PM GMT
We did miss you Johnny-Mustang - honestly!
Report Johnny_Mustang January 20, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
Thank you!
Report Koo.... January 20, 2016 9:35 PM GMT
Back the day I finalised my covers, and I might actually be hoping for fillies next year :)   Now to see if they'll move my long running thread back on here having moved it across whilst things were f**ked here
Report sidthekid January 23, 2016 10:30 AM GMT
Good to be Back!!.
Report Lairy Mary January 23, 2016 5:37 PM GMT
Koo - I have sent you a pm about a week or so ago!!
Report Koo.... January 24, 2016 3:08 PM GMT
Just seen it and replied Sad
Report ONSLOW1974 January 24, 2016 3:46 PM GMT
Any new arrivals yet Koo?
Report Koo.... January 24, 2016 9:27 PM GMT
Nothing yet, only got 3 due this year, but 7 mares to cover so things gearing up here.  Think ive got carried away.  Need a group winner this year :D
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com