Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
24 Nov 15 13:43
| Topic/replies: 4,377 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
At £225 shouldn't he be a proven sire of sires? Am I missing something? Makfi is not a success and Poets Voice has underwhelmed. I also feel they are a little backward. He does get nice looking types but stallions like Shamardal at 1/4 his price and Oasis Dream at 1/3 his price must surely be better value and have successful stallion sons on the ground.

I think Darley may be putting too many of their eggs in the wrong basket.
Show More
Report Johnny_Mustang November 24, 2015 2:00 PM GMT
I doubt it. 11 individual G1 winners last year justifies his fee. Did you know by the way that his owner even makes Sheikh Mohammed pay full whack for a nomination?
Report truehoncho November 24, 2015 2:19 PM GMT
I didn't know that JM. Would his owner be allowed to sell Coolmore a nomination (if they wanted one?). Is that maybe part of the reason for his fee?

I know he gets great horses (although not too many precocious ones), but at nearly a £1/4m a pop, I thought he may have a decent stallion son on the ground.
Report sammy_fool November 24, 2015 3:15 PM GMT
great sire and like galileo gets lots of 2 year old winners -more than showcasing,shamaradal,dutch art,oasis dream and invincipal spirit this year to name a few well known sires they both beat.
Report truehoncho November 24, 2015 5:51 PM GMT
He is a good sire but is he a £225k good sire? I don't think so.

He only has(to date)1 stakes winning 2yo this year. I don't see him winning a British or Irish classic next year. He doesn't get as many 2yo winners as most of those on your list Sammy.
Report LQDM November 24, 2015 7:20 PM GMT

Nov 24, 2015 -- 8:00AM, Johnny_Mustang wrote:

I doubt it. 11 individual G1 winners last year justifies his fee. Did you know by the way that his owner even makes Sheikh Mohammed pay full whack for a nomination?

Godolphin sent 60+ mares to him this year. It would be interesting to know if they are willing to pay 14+ million to do the same again next season. I guess the answer is yes though.

Report Eont November 25, 2015 3:37 PM GMT
Yes but has not Shamardal got an issue.

The other obvious factor is Dubawi gives you something different in terms of pedigree.

He is a bit young to be a proven sire of sires, plus the mare quality was not what it is now.

How long did Sadler's Wells take to get a superstar son at stud?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com