Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
15 Sep 15 14:33
| Topic/replies: 2,671 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
With apologies to Wily, I thought I might start this thread as previously it's been a popular annual topic and we could do with something to ginger this site up a bit.
So I am ignoring your Due  Dilligence post Wily, for which I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, and saying that I am not immediately drawn to DD but will not be discounting him if in due course he is the only thing of his type floating around.
There must be some very fancy offers floating around for the few independently owned likely types - plus, what are they? but I don't see anything remotely suitable staying in training and indeed will this be the year of some more 2yo retirees?
Pause Switch to Standard View New Sires 2016
Show More
Report proxygene September 15, 2015 3:03 PM BST
Don't forget off the toes post from Oct 2014

Just to keep you lot well ahead of the game:

G Force to stand at Tally-Ho Stud in 2016 MIDDLEHAM Park racing 's bloodstock manager Nick Bradley has confirmed t http://t.co/mxGbW0kRH3
Report Wilycayote September 15, 2015 6:24 PM BST
Fair enough PotM. Just remember that War Front himself wasn't a Gr 1 winner either.

Cant see what else "trendy" is going to retire in UK. Have a feeling that Muhaarar will be well out of my league, so will have to see what Darley drag out in my bracket!
Report potentialmillionaire September 15, 2015 8:46 PM BST
G Force dear G Force. Oh dear oh dear how he could do with a flurry.

I would think that Due Dilligence may very well make the radar in due course but I'm not giving him much thought yet.

I re read the Toes Thread Proxy were we talking cr@p or spilling pearls, I didn't get your drift.
Incidentally, I have had computer probs ensuring all my emails got lost in the ether so apologies if you were owed a reply!
Report truehoncho September 15, 2015 9:56 PM BST
What about Ivawood. A good fast 2yo and a good looking type as well. Obviously didn't train on but that will keep the price down. Will suit my cheap mares a treat.
Report yer ma September 15, 2015 11:09 PM BST
Twilight Son I'd say is another Grp1 away from joining his dad, unfortunately for £10k+.

Darley don't need all these great/good/ok milers like Night of Thunder, Toormore, Territories, Belardo.  Homes to be found or do Crisford and Ferguson just get them.
Report potentialmillionaire September 16, 2015 1:51 PM BST
No more Group1 s left unless you are a 5f mud lark. So I am sure Twilight Son will deffo be a 2017 job.
Territories is of interest and I was wondering if any of the Dark Angels will finish at 2 this time to strike while the iron is hot.

Ivawood would have to be likely to finish truehonch as you suggest.

At least there might be a few creeping from the woodwork but it seems likely that they will all need research as none of them are going to be instant lust material.
Report yer ma September 16, 2015 5:21 PM BST
Champions day Sprint my friend, think he's fav in fact. Probably right they'll leave it.

New Bay / Postponed?
Report potentialmillionaire September 16, 2015 5:54 PM BST
Sorry yer ma, I still had that filed in the little greys as Gp2

Postponed is quite nice, for a Dubawi particularly. But difficult to place isn't he.

New Bay bit dittoish really. But I suppose I'll have to get up to speed if they emerge!
Report truehoncho September 16, 2015 9:58 PM BST
Realised I posted this on the wrong thread:

Estidhkaar - Very fast pedigree and hasn't trained on
Kool Kompany - Excellent 2yo and won G3 as 3yo. Ugly and by Jeremy but at £3k?
Toscanini - I really like this colt. Needs to win a little group race.
Adaay - another well bred Shadwell speedster by Kodiac. Kodi Bear is better but to expensive.
Cotai Glory - one for Hedgeholme
Report potentialmillionaire September 18, 2015 9:58 PM BST
Well,well,well.

Kingston Hill.

Is he a big beggar that is just seen as a 2 season flatter before he goes to Grange?
He's certainly surprised me with his new home.
Report Formtwist September 21, 2015 11:48 AM BST
It is certainly hard to spot the likely sires and even harder to work out their new stud homes, so perhaps starting the process backwards will give a clue. Tweenhills will surely be looking for another new boy and perhaps Arod would fit that bill. Cheveley Park might take Dutch Connection as they have suggested Twilight Son will race on next year. Juddmonte might retire Flintshire? Darley have Night of Thunder, but Charming Thought is a possible too. The National Stud seem to be getting Golden Horn, wonder at what fee? There must be some relocations and reverse shuttlers to give fresh opportunities and I'm sure there will be some real surprises in the pipeline. Like last year many of us will be saying "WHO is THAT" on more than one occasion?
Report proxygene September 29, 2015 3:19 PM BST
So
Outstrip, Fulbright French Navy and Hunter's Light for Darley
Report truehoncho September 29, 2015 5:30 PM BST
I also think French Navy and if the price is right would definitely use him. A cheaper version of Mukhadram at 5k would be great for me.

Fulbright and Outstrip might come into my range and Outstrip at (5-7k?) would suit me.
Report proxygene September 29, 2015 8:52 PM BST
Outstrip will stand for £5,000 at Dalham Hall Stud, while French Navy and Fulbright at Kildangan Stud and Hunter’s Light at Haras du Logis will all stand for €4,000.
Report Formtwist September 29, 2015 11:05 PM BST
So, are we all up for the all new Darley Deal on these new boys? What about Territories as a possible retiree too?
Report Wilycayote September 30, 2015 8:45 AM BST
I think Territories will race on next year (and wouldn't be included in this give-away anyway).

As someone that has seen every gimmick over many years, I just make a word of caution....It tends not to be the extra couple of grand to pay a nomination fee that makes you go bust, but instead it is not being able to sell the stock it has taken you 2 years to create.

If you get in to one of these sort of deals, it is almost impossible to stop yourself using the free nomination in the 3rd/4th years. Every agent will know the nominations were given away for free, which mentally devalues the offspring even more, and you end up giving it away yourself.
Report potentialmillionaire September 30, 2015 9:04 AM BST
Must be quick, should be working. Outstrip to Dalham and 3 new horses to Kildangon.

Surely they have something notable in mind for Duchess Drive, is the Nat Stud deffo a done deal for Golden Horn?
Report Johnny_Mustang September 30, 2015 9:34 AM BST
Highclere are getting a new horse I'm reliably informed.
Report potentialmillionaire September 30, 2015 10:00 AM BST
You're a terrible Day Tripper JohnnyM Whoops
Report yer ma September 30, 2015 11:04 AM BST
All sounds very interesting, looking for the catch at the fees suggested below.  Could force the hand of some the other operations to play nice (although clearly most will ignore and do what they always do).  Good commercial mare first year, strong mare 2nd year (if foal nice), third you'll start to know your fate and it could be star mare or yard donkey.    Don't really understand the economics of this given they fill their new stallions up at 5-10k anyway?
Report Johnny_Mustang September 30, 2015 11:24 AM BST
What happens to your lifetime breeding right when the inevitable happens and at least one of them fails and ends up in Ire, France or Turkey? I'm sure that's factored into the arrangement but you could end up having to send your mare God knows where. And of course the stallion might be covering NH mares at that stage.
Report truehoncho September 30, 2015 1:18 PM BST
I think its a great deal. Do you think you will be able to sell your 3rd season nomination? As far as horses going to Turkey etc, if that happens then you wouldn't want to use him anyway. On the other hand if he doas a Kodiak its years of bonus.

Obviously if you have a decent mare or filly there may be better options but this is a great way of getting a few cheap mares in foal for a few years and taking your chances. Its a bit daft to crab it.

Also I am sure it will keep the price of moderate stallions down, especially in their 2nd and 3rd season.
Report potentialmillionaire September 30, 2015 1:29 PM BST
Some years ago I took a breeding right in a first seasoner at an attractive rate and used him a few times, and I'm afraid money, or lack of, saw me using him against my better judgement on a few ocaisions. I think it's very important to say to yourself ' can I get out in year one(if all goes well)' in which case, and I suppose in this case, it is worth considering.

I think I stopped using this horse after year three as I didn't like him as a commercial prospect by then and free nom or no, there is no point doing that to yourself or your mare. I don't think then that many people would really feel too upset at their breeding right moving to Outer Mongolia because by then they should have well and truly lost interest.

This is purely done as a way to fill iffy stallions in years two, three and four, but Wily is correct in his rememberences that the likes of Markofesteem, I know a flakey sort of stallion, and Kheleyf were done no sort of favours by always being the dodgy deal horses at Darley.

I would far rather see them farmed out to lesser studs at an ever decreasing fee in the tricky years which would reflect genuine market conditions much more than this 'share the upside' type of boloney.

Independent studs are finding it nigh on impossible to source new stallions and this will surely put a big old nail in some of them again.
I wonder if sheikhie is having a panic again about selling stuff because of the success so recently of DA , IS, Z and DA sort of out of nowhere?

Ps, I imagine everyone is having problems with goffs dippy live feed?
Report truehoncho September 30, 2015 1:37 PM BST
But you don't have to use him after year 2. It still means a relatively cheap cover (if £5k is the fee) to a decent 2yo. If you have mares to get rid of then a free 3rd season cover might be useful.

I think that if you continue to use him just because he's free, thats got nothing to do with the breeding game more a personal weakness. 2 covers to Outstrip for £5k in this market is not a bad deal.
Report truehoncho September 30, 2015 1:44 PM BST
and if anyone has a 3rd season nomination to him when the time comes, I will give you £1.5k for it. It will be a great 3rd season gamble with about 250 2yo's running there will be a good cahnce of a few winners.
Report truehoncho September 30, 2015 1:44 PM BST
and if anyone has a 3rd season nomination to him when the time comes, I will give you £1.5k for it. It will be a great 3rd season gamble with about 250 2yo's running there will be a good cahnce of a few winners.
Report Formtwist September 30, 2015 2:20 PM BST
Johnny Mustang, I suspect you are the only one here lucky enough to have high speed internet Cable broadband! Jungle drums suggest the same though at my end plus one interesting one at an independent. No-one I note has made any observations on Intrinsic at Hedgeholme....!

I don't fancy the Darley CLUB deal myself but that is just that I don't travel my mares abroad and don't fancy Outstrip for one season, never mind three. Which undoubtedly means he will become the next Dubawi and I shall again be PotBankrupt.  It might be a good idea for a group of small breeders to get together to take advantage though, especially if they are happy to race the resulting progeny rather than sell (yes, Koo, thinking of you.  Though I would observe that Darley have been very good in the past at supporting their stallions in the sale ring. Probably the big studs will join in as they can always find mares needing a cheap cover before sale each year.
Report yer ma September 30, 2015 5:17 PM BST
Goffs feed has been rubbish potM, missed my friends filly going thru but given it made nearly 150k I will avoid watching in future!  Hard work for quite a few - those sucked into going into the 30-50k bracket with Lawman/LopeDV/Dutch Art amongst others will have sleepless nights (if they've not done their money already).  Power done better than I thought.  Relatively positive for Newmarket but seemed to me a lot of trainers spent money already?
Report potentialmillionaire September 30, 2015 6:29 PM BST
Power has been a relevation  hasn't he. There is a picture of one on the site and it was very like it's ugly father but a good bit nicer. It has looked a bit tricky hasn't it but I rather suspect all the better horses will be at Tatts.
If not, then I think given the weakness of the Euro I think it's been ropey.

I reckon Moyglare can save a few quid by not bothering to put that RP filly into training. Has the look of an unraced about her to me!
Report Johnny_Mustang October 1, 2015 8:59 AM BST
OK, form a steady queue but I'm told Intrinsic will be £1750.
Report Wilycayote October 1, 2015 2:17 PM BST
Good on Hedgeholme for giving it a bash. I actually think they've priced him right. I prefer his profile to that of something like Elusive Pimpernell.

Call me old fashioned, but I think Darley's new give-away is fairly shameful. Do they really need to be crushing the likes of hard working people like Hedgeholme when they should really just be focusing on the top of the tree? The bloodstock world will be a far poorer place without the small independent stallion studs that are still surviving. I'll be long gone, but I dont like the thought of there only being 4 large Newmarket stallion studs in 20 years time.
Report Koo.... October 1, 2015 9:14 PM BST
Ive probably used sires just as unsexy, but I cant get excited by any of the sirs involved on the Darley deal.  With the extras all the time for travelling away it makes Haafhd look appealing for me again litterally at the end of the road from my mares.
Report truehoncho October 2, 2015 2:02 AM BST
It seems I am the only one that thinks the Darley deal is good. I'm wrong about most things so who knows.

I do have some sympathy with Wily's view that Darley could give the smaller studs a chance and I do admire Hedgeholme for scrapping it out at the bottom of the ladder trying to get lucky, I know how they feel.

So would 1st season Intrinsic be more commercial than 4th season Delegator next year?
Report Johnny_Mustang October 2, 2015 8:57 AM BST
I don't wish to be indelicate but Intrinsic will never in a million years be anything remotely close to commercial, but I admire Hedgeholme for having a go nevertheless.
Report Wilycayote October 3, 2015 5:23 PM BST
French Navy very one paced today.

Darley should be concentrating on securing the likes of Golden Horn for our industry, instead of flogging us discounted rubbish.
Report truehoncho October 3, 2015 7:32 PM BST
someone has to supply the discounted rubbish. At least they are discounting it. There are 4 books at tatts again this year, GH and his like cant fill them all. The more cheap ones there are the better chance I have.
Report LQDM October 5, 2015 5:17 PM BST
Any opinions on Free Eagle?
Lovely female family, not a popular sire line though. How much would you be willing to pay for his nomination if he retired this year?
Report truehoncho October 8, 2015 8:04 AM BST
Well Wily,they have him aswell.
Report Wilycayote October 8, 2015 10:52 AM BST
Great! that's the right move buying GH. Darley should concentrate on standing and producing the best horses possible. That is what the brand was set up to do.

Keep expecting to hear of new stallions in IRE but no word?
Report truehoncho October 8, 2015 1:18 PM BST
I imagine we will get a fair few come out of the woodwork in the next couple of weeks. I expect the National Stud will be looking for a replacement for the one they nearly got.

I am still hoping that 1 or 2 on my cheap as chips list will turn up reasonably local to me. I am quite interested to see where Ivawood turns up but here are a lot of possibles out there and I have a feeling there will be plenty of choice next year. I will almost certainly use Outstrip and need another 2 at least. I would also use French Navy if he was over here.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 10, 2015 5:56 AM BST
Is it just me or is anyone else deeply underwhelmed with the new sires announced so far? Cable Bay (yes, I had to look him up) and Hot Streak (ditto) with a total of seven wins between them from 38 runs and no success at G1 level.
Report potentialmillionaire October 10, 2015 10:18 AM BST
God, I'm glad it's not just me. I was convinced it was the Early Onset (OK, OK not that early)

Hot Streak I remember, and I am even qualified to have an opinion having seen him at York last year. Cable Bay is just another horse that gets lost in the mist for me. Problem with him though is the venue. Whatever your view on the Grand Duke of Warren, they are good at getting them off the ground. Good regular clients, good P.R and I would say for an independent with a fixed budget they are about the best there is at a Sales rallying cry.

Everyone is so hung up with the DarkAngelPivotalDanehillDancerShowcasingDutchArtAcclamation starting from nothing thang that nothing is exactly what we are now expected to swallow. Darley appear too terrified to let anybody else try with their lesser lights now too.

I am sure I have said on many an occasion that I would like to see tough and consistent more than just about anything else as I am quite sure genes are no real respector of lengths and winning posts.
Report Formtwist October 10, 2015 4:06 PM BST
For tough and consistent, plus a dam that is producing more than one star, Music Master seems a good recruit to the sprint stallion options. Sensible price and an outcross pedigree. Cable Bay doesn't inspire enthusiasm does he though I take your point on the team back-up for him. Hot Streak is such a weak addition to Tweenhills roster that I can only assume an element of owner sentiment and that a more heavyweight and pricey stallion is also in mind. I still suspect that might be Arod, but there is an element of wishful thinking there as I like his attitude and profile.
Report truehoncho October 11, 2015 3:05 PM BST
I think over the last 4 or 5 years we have seen some genuinely good stallions coming through such as Acclamation and Dark Angel that PotM has mentioned. There are also the Shamardals and Oasis Dreams out there providing plenty of potential stallions. What we seem to be having is a lot of well bred colts and they can't all win group 1s or 2s. From my perspective I see it as an opportunity to breed to really well bred stallions that give my mares a chance at getting a good one. Horses like Casamento at £4k that are getting very good looking stock selling well and might just upgrade mares are just what I need.

There are so many stallions out there now that are well bred and capable of producing stallion sons that I think the future is quite bright at my end of the market. Cable bay a fast well bred son of IS will do me!!
Report Formtwist October 11, 2015 10:53 PM BST
Truehoncho, glad you are back in the discussion and wish you well in your panning for gold! Sure Johnny-Mustang will have the inside news by now but I suspect that given Cable Bay's location and connections that his fee will not be remotely in the realm of cheap as chips. Which is why the likes of Music Master make a lot of appeal - I'm old enough to remember that Piccolo was once one of the "go to sires" to get a young mare off the mark and Twilight Son is there to boost the pedigree. Chances are high that Ivawood will stand in Ireland if he retires to stud. Muhaarar will likely be set a fair enough fee if he retires to Shadwell given their track record and would be booked full fairly fast if so. Still think there are plenty of interesting surprises in the 2016 sire pipeline; hope so anyway as it is the most interesting time of the year for running the hypotheticals through the systems. How much can be afforded depends on the next couple of months as the market assesses the results of the decisions last year and the year before........
Report Johnny_Mustang October 12, 2015 7:51 AM BST
Formtwist, you are sooooo mischievous thinking I'd have the inside-track on Cable Bay's fee!

Anyway, whilst we're talking fees, what do we think Golden Horn will stand at? Two people I spoke with at Tatts last week suggested 60-75K and 80K.
Report truehoncho October 12, 2015 8:19 AM BST
On the topic of mining for gold, I was considering Delegator this year as a bit of a 3rd/4th season gamble. I think as a speedy son of Dansili he has a bit of a chance of doing better than expected. However his yearlings up to now have not been doing well and he doesn't have much in book 2 or 3 to inspire any confidence.

I don't know what GH would stand for, a little more than if he was at the national stud I guess. He does have a nice pedigree and as STS has done well the Cape Cross factor may be a positive. However, I don't see how how could be more than Kingman or Australia etc, not that it will matter much to me.
Report truehoncho October 14, 2015 8:18 AM BST
I have just been told by Darley that Outstrip is effectively sold out. They wont offer anymore nominations to him unless invoices they have sent out are not paid.
Report truehoncho October 17, 2015 3:06 AM BST
So Ivawood to Coolmore. I was hoping he would be over here as I have a mare that would suit him. I am a little confused about why Coolmore want him and his fee can't be much more than 5/6k can it?

Zebedee himself is only 10k and although a pound or 2 below Ivawood won at his level, is proven and just as well bred if not better. Still I get these things wrong all the time and so still waiting for something over here.

Arod to the National Stud? I have been informed that after Hong Kong he is going to stud.
Report potentialmillionaire October 17, 2015 2:08 PM BST
truehonch, I have not signed my Outstrip contract so there's one that might be available!

I am not sure that anyone would have seen ivawood hot footing it to Coolmore, but I imagine that as the statement came from Tom Gaffney that Castle Hyde is a likely venue and if they don't have anything else then a shopping they must go.

Muhaarar looks quite a light sort of horse doesn't he? I would want to see him before racing in. However it's going to have to be a quick decision me thinks.
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2015 12:13 PM BST
Dear Shadwell.

Muharram. We know exactly when to view him at a mutually beneficial time. We then know exactly by when we have to apply for a nomination - and it is after the easy viewing slot - We know that his book will be restricted, though not I imagine to the tiny numbers of Yesteryear and I am guessing his fee will be reasonable too.

Other studs, please take note.
Report potentialmillionaire October 19, 2015 12:14 PM BST
fecking spell checker. Muhaarar
Report potentialmillionaire October 20, 2015 9:29 PM BST
I've managed to stick with my principals on 2yo stallion retirees.

That might get tested this time round in the absence of much else.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 21, 2015 7:37 AM BST
Gutaifan to Morristown Lattin.
Report truehoncho October 21, 2015 5:00 PM BST
If I owned Buratino I would retire him now. I cant see him improving much
Report truehoncho October 21, 2015 9:17 PM BST
"Outstrip, a Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf winner by Exceed And Excel who will stand at Dalham Hall Stud in Newmarket, is oversubscribed

By the end of this week or maybe next, we expect to be at the stage with him where we are writing to breeders to return their cheques and thank them for their interest, but say we have already got to 140 mares and we can’t take any more,”.

Another one off the list. I can at least live in hope that they send me someone else's cheque back by mistake.
Report Formtwist October 21, 2015 10:25 PM BST
Truehoncho, don't despair yet. Darley are hunting another CLUB horse, there are other stallions to be announced soon, and meantime you can enter some mares in Lanwades Lucky Dip for free nominations to four of their stallions.
Report yer ma October 22, 2015 12:00 PM BST
Jeez, surely yeomanst. could have done a deal with Shadwell for Estidhkaar instead - better bred, better profile and surplus to their requirements.  They do get their stallions going  in fairness but thats a bit 'get any dark angel we can find'...like Log Out Island.  Probably glad I sidestepped Alhabaqhatever - do we need 5/6 sons of?, only one of which is a grp1 winner. 

Adaay's a nice horse, sexy dad.  Come on Rathasker/Ballyhane/National studs?
Report truehoncho October 22, 2015 2:46 PM BST
I like Estidhkaar too. A similar profile to Ivawood. Would love to see him in Britain.
Report Johnny_Mustang October 24, 2015 9:11 AM BST
Free Eagle to INS.
Report potentialmillionaire October 24, 2015 10:19 AM BST
Presumably not being able to afford Muhaarar even if I was a somebody who could get one, not, I am always hoovering about in the lower grades where it is all about perception as to which of the many faults we all put up with.

I was quite enamoured of Gutaifan as he is a horse I have noticed this year and I was spending more time wrestling with my conscience than anything else. Yer ma your post quite surprised me as I sort of have him as similar to Estidkkaar ( and I won't be sorry if he disappears at least from the point of not having to type his name!) but when we all agree on a stallion he is by definition too expensive/ unavailable. I think Shadwell will do a Derrinstown with him or perhaps the Nayef horse (name escapes), but I always thought on the box he had an ugly looking front leg and he strikes me as being out of a two hit wonder mare and I am not sure that I don't like Gutaifan's pedigree more.

As ever, looks and venue, major considerations and my stock currently represents some good picks, some less so Scared
Report truehoncho October 27, 2015 6:08 PM GMT
Its all so very quiet.
Report Wilycayote October 29, 2015 7:54 PM GMT
FOUR new reverse shuttle stallions for Darley!

Warning...reverse shuttlers' fate in general will be plaid out very soon. If one off either Sepoy, Helmet, Foxwedge don't absolutely fly next year then there will be very little appetite for these new horses. My suggestion is to wait a year, see if the reverse shuttle idea survives next season, then possibly have a crack at one of Darley's young guns. Its possible they could fall flat on their faces before they even have a foal.
Report truehoncho October 29, 2015 9:13 PM GMT
I was actually thinking that very thing myself Wilycayote. The trouble is, at the minute there is very little about.
Report Wilycayote October 30, 2015 8:53 AM GMT
self spell-check..."one OF Sepoy, Helmet, Foxwedge" need to fly.

Thanks Darley, but now that I've looked them up I'm even less enthused. I got the impression when they brought Sepoy up that they were only going to shuttle the cream of the crop, but now its a case of flog anything from AUS(or give it away in the club!).

If I'm going to avoid book 3 carnage in a few years time I'm going to have to coax Bahamian Bounty out of retirement!
Report Off the toe November 3, 2015 4:40 PM GMT
GForce to stand for e8k apparently...didn't want to put it under Mr Mustangs post re Dubawi 225k and GH 60k as it made me feel all inferior!!!
Report Formtwist November 11, 2015 1:30 PM GMT
Fountain of Youth latest new sprint stallion and son of Oasis Dream to stand at Bearstone Stud for 5k fee. Very impressive photograph of him on their website and hear tell that he is correct too. Not one I remember from racing, anyone else here know more?
Report truehoncho November 11, 2015 2:21 PM GMT
Anothr one £2k over priced.(you are all probably getting sick of me saying this). won a maiden as a 2yo and G3 with a rating of 104. Not as good as Coach House who started at £3k last year.

I have a feeling you won't be remembering his stallion career either Formtwist.
Report Formtwist November 11, 2015 2:45 PM GMT
Not sure about that, he's a fair enough pedigree to succeed and if Coolmore are sending him mares then he might surprise. Cost a packet as a yearling so he must be a looker and as for price, negotiation usually gets a lower version than the published one at most studs. Might have a look at him in Newmarket.
Report Wilycayote November 11, 2015 4:19 PM GMT
Coolmore will not send him anything. My guess is they've just kept a few rights on the very minor chance he hits. Timeform 111 as a three year old is not good enough. Should be 3k as per CH.

Think 17.5 Euros for Dream Ahead is very fair, might tempt me to send a mare to IRE.
Report truehoncho November 13, 2015 7:28 AM GMT
Anjaal at £4.5k. I suppose he is a different option and a G2 2yo but I think £3k would have been enough. I have a picture of him as a 2yo somewhere I will see if I can dig it out.
Report potentialmillionaire November 13, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
Well at least I've got a couple of nominations sorted now with my little purchase online today across the Channel, phew.

All sorts of cheapies seem to be crawling out of the woodwork now, I feel slightly perplexed. I'm wondering whether  Aljamaaheer really is the best prospect, but perhaps not commercially.
Report Johnny_Mustang November 13, 2015 8:51 PM GMT
I knew you'd want to keep that secret PotM. €355k for 1/50th is a bargain.
Report potentialmillionaire November 13, 2015 9:04 PM GMT
JohnnyM I do wish you'd be a little more discreet, I'm not feeling very well disposed to letting you have the spare nomination now, that'll teach your blabber mouth.. . . .
Report Johnny_Mustang November 17, 2015 12:10 PM GMT
I think we can expect a son of Makfi to head to a leading Irish independent stud.
Report potentialmillionaire November 17, 2015 3:06 PM GMT
Well guessing the horse doesn't seem to onerous and I'm thinking that Ballylinch with all its French history seems a good guess for the venue. It really isn't a good year for desirability of retirees is it!
Report Johnny_Mustang November 17, 2015 3:18 PM GMT
Nailed it in one!
Report Johnny_Mustang November 17, 2015 8:41 PM GMT
Make Believe €20k
Report LQDM November 29, 2015 9:10 PM GMT
Really impressed with Fountain of Youth today. I am even thinking of buying a breeding right. I don't have mares for him but if anybody is contemplating using him, just pm me and we might work something out.
Report potentialmillionaire February 11, 2016 6:40 PM GMT
If anyone's still not sorted how about doing a 2 for 1 deal with me on American Pharoah?

I'm sure we'd be able to get organised in time and we could perhaps put the mares in a dinghy and row them over there.

Have they simply just got the price wrong?
Report Formtwist February 11, 2016 7:54 PM GMT
Sounds like Pyramid selling to me...
Report Posh Paddy March 27, 2016 12:45 PM BST
Little birdy told me G Force isn't getting the job done Shocked anyone else heard the same?
Report potentialmillionaire March 27, 2016 4:26 PM BST
A perfect bit of tittle tattle Posh, just the job!

I daresay it won't only be him and Cape Cross crawling out of the woodwork. For instance I have seen no pronouncements on the Darley newsters, which makes me wonder if that is a cover for something of theirs that is under performing.
Report potentialmillionaire March 31, 2016 11:24 AM BST
Well there we have it Gforce the first casualty of the season amongst the new boys. Cape Cross bites the dust too and I am sure there will be more.
It seems unlikely that every other first seasoner is flying, but I have heard of no more, yet!
Report Wilycayote April 16, 2016 11:41 AM BST
I have not heard anything about NIGHT OF THUNDER. Anyone heard how he is going!?
Report Breedingmad April 26, 2016 2:48 PM BST
Helmets doing well.
Report truehoncho April 26, 2016 10:12 PM BST
And Harbour Watch isn't
Report Breedingmad October 22, 2016 12:16 AM BST
Dragon Pulse is one to watch out for could do well on certain surfaces.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com