Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
22 Sep 14 14:51
| Topic/replies: 2,671 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
Well blow me down with a feather!

I am sure all you shrewdies out there were expecting this but dim ol' me was most certainly not.

I have opened a box, please feel free to fill it. . .
Pause Switch to Standard View Toronado to the National Stud
Show More
Report truehoncho September 22, 2014 6:57 PM BST
My sister used to look after Reference Point at the National Stud so it's nice for me to see a nice horse there. He will be popular i think. Any idea of price?
Report Wilycayote September 22, 2014 9:23 PM BST
Jake Warren to be in charge of nominations for the most expensive stallion at the National Stud.....that'll work well.
Report yer ma September 22, 2014 10:33 PM BST
Why do we need their involvement?  Ah highclere / harry herbert - it all makes sense...to someone.  I'll pass ta very much but he does appear a nice looking horse.   They'll probably ask £12-15k.  Would be better sent to Aus imo to farm a few Grp races on fast and then stud where people actually want to pay for High Chap.  I'd prefer their other one but he's gone to france.
Report potentialmillionaire September 23, 2014 1:56 PM BST
I too was not amused with the Warren and his son Nepo being involved. The thought of them pulling in 5% just to take a telephone call makes my blood boil.
I would have been there in a flash if he were sound as I suspect he is a commercial 'beau ideale' on the looks front.  We shall await a price. . .
Report potentialmillionaire September 23, 2014 1:57 PM BST
I too was not amused with the Warren and his son Nepo being involved. The thought of them pulling in 5% just to take a telephone call makes my blood boil.
I would have been there in a flash if he were sound as I suspect he is a commercial 'beau ideale' on the looks front.  We shall await a price. . .
Report Wilycayote September 24, 2014 9:41 PM BST
Here's what may have happened;

An unbelievably wealthy man, has a very nice stallion prospect, trusts one advisor, who has his own family, and gives some semi impartial advice about the best way to manage his stallions career.

I'm sure Brian O'Rourke would make a good job of it, or have I missed something?
Report Johnny_Mustang September 25, 2014 8:45 AM BST
I wonder why they just didn't stand him at Highclere? Would save a lot of fecking about.
Report potentialmillionaire September 25, 2014 10:35 AM BST
To many people I imagine, not just me, he is contaminated stock. Do we think that he is thought universally tricky because of the wind issues and therefore he is not desired for the best studs?
Personally I think at the right price he will be fairly popular and that way the Warreners get to keep a good interest whilst not sullying their establishment with a horse that is a little 'Infra Dig' (now there's a 70's phrase - that I don't know how to spell -)
Well I hope for the National Stud that their somewhat enforced Guinea Piggery pays off and they get the last laugh, minus of course, the 5%. . . .
Report Johnny_Mustang September 25, 2014 10:52 AM BST
Who are you talking about in your first paragraph PotM? The horse or Warren?
Report yer ma September 25, 2014 11:15 AM BST
Horse had a wind op 2 to 3.  News to me that Warren was the trusted advisor of this owner on bloodstock matters.  My guess is the french didnt want it and there are better prospects to put their mares to so off he trots.
Report potentialmillionaire September 25, 2014 1:39 PM BST
He's had two publicly acknowledged wind ops. with rumours of more than that. Obviously I was referring to the horse Johnny, but if the cap fits. . . .!
I suppose we were being a bit naive if we expected Herbert and his climaxic worship of the talents of Lord jonny to not have implications for the ongoing development of Al Shaqab.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com