Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wilycayote
10 Sep 14 13:54
| Topic/replies: 470 | Blogger: Wilycayote's blog
I'd heard (although can't confirm) that Cheveley had been considering standing him elsewhere, potentially France.

His Maurice de Gheest was a weak Gr 1, but I'm struggling to see what else might be retired in GB in the "commercial" price bracket.
Any thoughts on him or what other stallions could be announced for next year much appreciated.
Show More
Report truehoncho September 10, 2014 7:19 PM BST
Hi Wilycayote

i can't see him doing that well. I was hoping there would be a few options next year. That at least might drive down the price of some of the 2nd and 3rd season stallions for my very average mares.

Surely Shadwell can find a couple of new recruits this year.
Report potentialmillionaire September 17, 2014 2:15 PM BST
Well, he was a commercially uninspiring foal, yearling and breezer. His dam was culled too by Cheveley, so one way or another at the beginning of things they weren't too happy with the way things were turning out.

Coolmore now own the mare and she is in foal to Galileo so that might get you an update!
I think Cheveley may get away with it because what else is there for 2015 first season?

But I think he might do big or raw or backward or all three. Tread carefully.
Report Wilycayote September 17, 2014 5:06 PM BST
Cheveley have basically taken a look around, seen there could be very few interesting new recruits for next year and thought, bugger it...we'll give him a chance!

stallion prices could get pretty hot next season...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com