Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jonnyrotten
13 Aug 14 15:41
| Topic/replies: 541 | Blogger: jonnyrotten's blog
good or bad? will it stop 2yods retiring to stud, how much will it weaken other races like the jersey?
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire August 13, 2014 4:10 PM BST
Well jonny. I think by and large good but it has certainly gone a bit famine to feast. Just a quick read through all the upgrades gives the impression that they have gone for a whole new programme in one fell swoop. I would have thought that a few stakes races in the first half of the year would have sufficed.
It will certainly not give the early retiring parade that particular excuse for standing a 3yo which is good news. I haven't a clue though whether that will make enough difference to stop them doing so.
As for the Jersey, well it probably will be weakened, but the incredible lure of having a Royal Ascot winner will cause owners and trainers to place there horses the best way to ensure that, and I am sure it will retain it's pattern race level okay.

Without doubt, the radical expansion of the fillies programme has been a big success, warranting the status it was awarded. Are the 3 yo sprinters going to be rated high enough to retain the races at their newly elevated levels too? We shall see.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com