Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jmc27
06 Jun 14 22:08
| Topic/replies: 3,650 | Blogger: jmc27's blog
28 2 year olds 4-6 already and rumour is the best one hasnt been seen yet :-o
Pause Switch to Standard View Starspangledbanner
Show More
Report lingbleed June 7, 2014 4:15 PM BST
stunning looking horse
Report jonjon June 8, 2014 12:11 AM BST
Insane start...christ what a loss for coolmore
Report potentialmillionaire June 8, 2014 10:28 AM BST
Coolmore don't let a horse go without plenty of clauses in the contract enabling them to get it back if they so choose.

It will be interesting to see how he progresses and the weighing up process of  the battle with a sub fertile horse versus whether he has what it takes to make him truly worth it.

I am an interested bystander as my best mare was a failure of his 1st season and it is mighty expensive to not get in foal to a Coolmore stallion! I think long and hard before even signing up a maiden or reliable barrener to a tricky horse, although I have got away with it this year.
It's not a loss for Coolomore, just a pain in the arse as to which way they go next!
Report lingbleed June 18, 2014 3:34 PM BST
well well ,2 royal ascot winners now as well , i do hope coolmore have that contract
Report yer ma June 19, 2014 10:29 PM BST
Go to the source....get your lovely Choisir colts while they're hot!

One can but try
Report lingbleed June 20, 2014 5:07 PM BST
coolmore still own 95% of him ,and the owner of his current stud owns 5% was in the racing post yesterday ,the lads are no mugs ....potm knew
Report Johnny_Mustang June 27, 2014 9:31 AM BST
He's going to cover Makybe Diva? Thought he'd gone at the game......
Report Jezebel July 6, 2014 4:48 PM BST
He's subfertile not infertile, so my understanding is that he can get mares in foal but he might have to cover a mare 3-4 times to do it, rather than with a single covering as a more fertile stallion can.  So SSB won't be able to cover as many mares in a season as a Galileo, and is therefore less of a commercial moneyspinner, but I suppose as long as he's firing some live ones and the mare owner is prepared to take the risk of a N.I.F outcome (and there may well be some financial incentives to take that risk), there's no reason not to perservere with him when the ones he does get appear to be so classy.
Report Posh Paddy July 12, 2014 1:42 PM BST
"He's coming back"...........

During his first season in Australia last year, Starspangledbanner covered 51 mares, with 24 scanned in foal.

Anyone fancy playing roulette?
Report jmc27 July 13, 2014 2:46 PM BST
He might be only be able to shoot a few but this fella has some bullets :-o
Report lingbleed July 26, 2014 6:14 PM BST
another yesterday ,on his second run out
Report Colonel Sanders August 24, 2014 3:22 PM BST
Group 1 winner on the board now
Report Castiron October 11, 2014 11:46 AM BST
A black type winner with his first Aussie runner, today a Caulfield.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com