Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
30 Apr 14 20:12
| Topic/replies: 22,030 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Wins for Sires in GB flat races so far this year as follows:

Cape Cross   32
Invincible Spirit  32
Kheleyf  27
Exceed and Excel 26
Oasis Dream  24
Dansili 20
Pivotal  20
Acclamation  18
Compton Place 18
Ishiguru 18
Shamardal 18
Street Cry 18
Pause Switch to Standard View Sires in form April
Show More
Report roadrunner46 May 4, 2014 4:24 PM BST
dansili doing well again with big winners this year as well.Happy will have to check out ishiguru
to see what good winners that has been getting lately, could be few potential notebooks, its not a name im familiar with.
Report sageform May 6, 2014 2:30 PM BST
Not sure that Ishiguru has had any high profile wins but he seems to get plenty of bread and butter ones. Even Stevens and George Guru are his 2 offspring rated above 100 this season.
Report sageform May 6, 2014 2:33 PM BST
I should have mentioned that what Ishiguru does have going for him is his sire, Danzig.
Report Eont May 7, 2014 8:28 AM BST
Is he not dead
Report Jezebel May 7, 2014 12:39 PM BST
Ishiguru died in September 2009.

After 17 Group races in GB so far, only Galileo (inevitably) and Footstepsinthesand have sired more than one individual group winner to date.
Report sageform May 7, 2014 4:45 PM BST
I don't exclude dead sires from my list. I suspect that the high number of winners he has produced this season (now 21) is a bit of an anomaly like Byron was last year.
Report sageform May 9, 2014 2:30 PM BST
The grass and class effect is never more obvious than in Galileo who had just 7 wins up to April 30 but has had 8 so far in May including 3 Group/listed at Chester. (GB wins only)
Report roadrunner46 May 10, 2014 10:15 AM BST
AMULET from last season was one of the best ishiguru, notebooked after the chepstow win, that really done well and went up 24lbs
in the ratings. thrived on soft ground, interesting to see how it goes this season, like the trainer of that horse eve johnson houghton
she trains some good types who improve lots. most likely will need to drop a few pounds now.
Report roadrunner46 May 10, 2014 3:23 PM BST
AMULET 1ST 15/2 best price last night 25/1Cool told you was one of the better ISHIGURU'S
Report sageform May 10, 2014 8:19 PM BST
Well done. I kicked myself as I thought that Ribbons looked a good thing.
Anecdote ran another blinder at Lingfield-I suspect that the plan was to run well in mid div but once she saw daylight she flew home. Follow blind from now on.
Report roadrunner46 May 10, 2014 8:36 PM BST
should of been more positive sorry about that, will find some more notebooks for this forum, those group 3 races can be very difficult to solve a lot of the time, they always have lots of horses capable on a going day. never use to like class 3 races for the same reason
Report sageform May 11, 2014 6:44 PM BST
Stick to following horses that you like.
Report roadrunner46 May 11, 2014 6:55 PM BST
there was good oasis dream horse that won on saturday its called INTRINSIC was already in my notebook,
clocked a fast time for its first win 0.40 fast, beat 17 horses on weekend, got a good time and is still unexposed.
only raced a few times, could have a good season hopefully. gl
Report sageform May 13, 2014 10:44 AM BST
I was impressed by the Oasis Dream 2yo, Muhaarar at Doncaster yesterday. Although OD offspring are usually ready to win first time out, they are not often suited by ground as soft as yesterday so I can see this one being well up to Group class.
Report roadrunner46 May 13, 2014 11:48 AM BST
good horse ran yesterday by high chaparral its called STAMPEDE 10f soft, got this from one of my contacts, hes one of the best speed figure experts on the internet, and was very impressed with this run and notebooked it. get the chance take a look at its run. charlie hills good trainer and always worth checking out his runners, gets some good types.
Report sageform May 15, 2014 4:39 PM BST
Invincible Spirit continues to set a very strong pace with Shamson providing his 42nd win of the year.
Report sageform May 16, 2014 6:02 PM BST
Amazing day for Kodiak with 4 winners and 2 of those races were 1/2 for him.
Report sageform May 17, 2014 3:05 PM BST
What are they giving these Kodiaks! Another 2yo first time out at Thirsk and now Coulsty wins a listed at 16/1.
Report potentialmillionaire May 17, 2014 4:24 PM BST
He is certainly one to follow when the year is on his side.

I wonder if he has the ability to rise above the Good season on the track, Good mares following spring, Major troughs in between framework.
Surely there must be acronym for that somewhere.
Report jmc27 May 17, 2014 6:35 PM BST
Galileo stock have landed 9 listed to Grp2 races in UK and Ire this month (8 individual)
Report ovalu May 18, 2014 10:19 PM BST
Kodiac was so hot this weekend he even managed to have the winner of the maiden hurdle in limerick today!
Report roadrunner46 May 23, 2014 4:42 PM BST
another winner for the forum INTRINSICLaugh
Report sageform May 24, 2014 2:36 PM BST
If you just take May data, the sires to follow are Galileo, especially if there is more than £20k in prize money!, Kodiak (Bear Behind yet another for him today), Shamardal for whom French Navy was the 14th for the month and Invincible Spirit who seems to be top any way you cut it. As I wrote this Diamond Creek was yet another for Kodiak!
May wins so far:

Kodiak 14
Shamardal 14
Galileo 13
Invincible Spirit 13
Dubawi 10
Report sageform May 29, 2014 7:02 PM BST
Tiggy Wiggy became the 15th Kodiak win in GB this month and again it was in a valuable listed event. His domination of the 2yo rankings is remarkable and it will be interesting to see how long they can maintain their form.
Report sageform May 30, 2014 8:40 PM BST
Snap Shots became the 16th Kodiak today.
Report potentialmillionaire May 31, 2014 4:10 PM BST
It's a travesty that Sage never mentions Araafa on here. Top class sire with a ton of winners and just the latest in a long run of successes today with Aeolus in the Listed Sandy Lane.

Out of a Mind Games mare, she from a Rudimentary one.

What a pedigree of delights, can't wait to send him a mare Cry

(Why do we try and make sense of this game?)
Report proxygene May 31, 2014 11:17 PM BST
Mind Games and Rudimentary massively underrated broodmare sires, exactly the sort I started analysing to find...assuming anyone would want to buy the offspring..
Report sageform June 1, 2014 12:54 PM BST
Sires in form May.

Wins in 2014 and May as follows.

Invincible Spirit 47  15
Exceed and Excel  39  10 (I had missed some of his in the April total)
Cape Cross        37  5
Shamardal         36  18
Kheleyf           33  6
Oasis Dream       32  8
Kodiak            30  16
Acclamation       29  11
Pivotal           29  9
Kyllachy          28  13

Others with high May totals.
Galileo           23  16
Dubawi            26  12
Captain Rio       25  11
Report sageform June 3, 2014 3:01 PM BST
I have just been through the Kodiak 2yo records on the RP site. 

33 2yo by Kodiak have run in GB this season having 64 runs between them.
14 of them have won a total of 17 races.
That is 42% winners to runners and 25% strike rate. On at least 3 occasions he has had first and second in a race. When Will it end was his first 2yo in June today.

Why he is doing so much better this year than in previous ones, I have no idea.
Report potentialmillionaire June 3, 2014 7:21 PM BST
He is in his bounce year isn't he Sage, with these 2yos being the result of what would probably be his best and maybe biggest book of mares following his bright start.
I daresay the ever improving reputation of Invincible Spirit helped his cause back then too.
Like Invincible Spirit, that old Kris / Sharpen Up bit does seem to knit well with the Danzig bit in terms of making them very ground versatile. I think the soft has helped the Kodiacs perhaps be a little more dominant than they might have been.
However it would be churlish and not a little stupid to knock him right now!
Report sageform June 4, 2014 8:05 AM BST
Thanks for reminding me of the Invincible Spirit connection. I have always been a fan of the Sharpen Up line but it seems to be fizzling out now that Selkirk and Halling are reaching the end of their careers. Rafha has clearly been significant. Do you know what happened to Sadian? Kodiak had yet another win with Adaay yesterday so now 18 wins from 65 starts. There are plenty more that have been placed from one or two starts so he is likely to stay near the top of the 2yo sires this season.
Report roadrunner46 June 5, 2014 12:00 AM BST
kodiak was number 1 sire of 2yo's in 2013, how comes your so surprised hes banging in the winners again this yearWink
Report sageform June 5, 2014 7:23 AM BST
Was he? I don't usually separate 2yo's from other wins but this season is so exceptional for Kodiak that you can hardly fail to notice. Yet another win yesterday at 10/1 less a rule 4.
Report roadrunner46 June 5, 2014 6:27 PM BST
KODIAC could get as much as 85 winners this season if those 3yos start winning again this season (71 winners last season)
Report sageform June 6, 2014 7:19 AM BST
Agreed but the difference this season is that more than half of his total wins have been 2yo races despite having many crops of older horses out there. One word of caution though. After reading your post about last season, I had a look back and he did have a lot of 2yo wins last year but many of them were early in the season and failed to win again from July onwards. My advice would be to back them until the end of June, then take a pause.
Report roadrunner46 June 6, 2014 9:12 AM BST
dont really back lot of kodiac's runners in maiden races, handicaps races are usually the races select the winners in.
TIGGY WIGGY was the most obvious notebook, something about that nameLaughmy fav horse was RISKIT FORA BISKIT that
made the notebook after its win at kempton. kodiac needs the older crops to start delivering the wins and will do well
this season. if you can catch the winners first time round, when they are not getting more than 1 win in a season, not
types of horses like to follow.
Report sageform June 6, 2014 10:27 AM BST
I much prefer maiden races as there are usually only 2 or 3 that are well clear of the rest and I happen to believe that horses are less and less reliable the more they race with a few notable exceptions. I remember the day that Frankel and Nathaniel made their debuts in the same race. I was at Newbury in the afternoon and a well known big punter who I knew a bit asked what time the Newmarket race was and that Frankel was a certainty. I looked at the runners and decided that both looked equally good on pedigree and didn't have a bet. The Frankel backers didn't know that their certainty was opposed by the second best colt of the generation but they still collected!
Report roadrunner46 June 6, 2014 12:35 PM BST
always looking for improvers, the notable exceptions that keep winning, and am very good at finding them, no what you mean about
the maidens and the pedigrees are usually the biggest factor in finding the winners in those races, your method is more attuned
for working on finding winners in maidens. always best to find your own way of finding winners, for me its notebooking, make long
list, its the notable exceptions that provide all the profits. gl
Report sageform June 7, 2014 3:01 PM BST
another valuable 2yo race at Musselborough, another Kodiak winner, albeit the least likely of his 3 representatives.
Report sageform June 16, 2014 3:32 PM BST
Invincible Spirit continues to set the pace. Halfway through June and he is now on 58 wins. Next best Exceed and Excel on 48, then Cape Cross who is quiet recently on 42.
Report roadrunner46 July 19, 2014 3:54 PM BST
TIGGY WIGGY is back in the winners enclosureHappy
Report sageform July 19, 2014 8:51 PM BST
Tiggy Wiggy was the 50th GB winner for Kodiak soon followed by Bearskin making it 51.
Report roadrunner46 July 20, 2014 9:03 AM BST
just changed RP bookmark to bloodstock page, much better now, taken while to realize that.
Report roadrunner46 August 2, 2014 4:08 PM BST

May 11, 2014 -- 12:55PM, roadrunner46 wrote:

there was good oasis dream horse that won on saturday its called INTRINSIC was already in my notebook,clocked a fast time for its first win 0.40 fast, beat 17 horses on weekend, got a good time and is still unexposed.only raced a few times, could have a good season hopefully. gl

another winner for INTRINSICCool that has an exceptional pedigreeLaugh

Report sageform August 3, 2014 10:29 AM BST
Well done, I also backed Intrinsic and it will be in Group races next. 2 other wins for Oasis Dream yesterday.
Report roadrunner46 August 21, 2014 2:36 PM BST

Jul 19, 2014 -- 9:54AM, roadrunner46 wrote:

TIGGY WIGGY is back in the winners enclosure

track record today, great horse in the makingHappy

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com