Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
proxygene
27 Mar 14 18:17
| Topic/replies: 440 | Blogger: proxygene's blog
Does anyone know of an actual issue in trying to book a Darley covered mare into a Coolmore stallion or vice versa? Does the idea of a buffer year being needed exist in my head only?
Pause Switch to Standard View Coolmore Darley
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire March 28, 2014 2:02 PM GMT
Well waddya know, another layer of ignorance to paste on my extensive wall full of it.

I have a mare booked in at Coolmore this year who has foaled a Darley horse and it has never occurred to me that there could be a problem.
As I have said before, I don't think Coolmore have too big a problem with Darley, as it is Darley who were probably the injured party and whether one thinks they should have thrown their toys so far out of the pram is a matter for personal conjecture.
If Darley rejected all Coolmore covered mares then their stallions would probably have 28 mares booked each!

Coolmore at the Dubai World Cup meeting is a big conciliatory measure too.
Report proxygene March 28, 2014 2:09 PM GMT
Good just wondered. I guess if theres no such thing as being oversubscribed then it cant be part of the filtering process.
Report proxygene March 28, 2014 8:18 PM GMT
Out of interest, when do you send your in foal or foaled mares and how long are they based in Ireland?
Report potentialmillionaire March 28, 2014 9:06 PM GMT
I think it's all a bit of a personal thing really proxy.

I foal at home (and I must say that I am not particularly keen on sending mares with foals anywhere really but life ain't  that straightforward is it) and then I send them in time to be covered either on a short cycle if it's later in the season on their 2nd cycle post foaling if it's good and early - never seems to be mind -

Last year Coolmore offered me my mare back at 28 days or so, so I went with that. There is an argument though that when a 15 day foetus is sloshing round in it's soup then perhaps that is the best time to travel them?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com