Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
neill d
13 Feb 14 13:07
| Topic/replies: 9,908 | Blogger: neill d's blog
Standing in Ireland at Declan Weld's Old Meadow stud for 3k. Looking at his form, placed in the Marble Hill, Railway Stakes and the Phoenix Stakes. That CV fairly flatters his actual level of ability.

Said to be a looker and obviously as precocious as you'll get having won the first 2yo race at the Curragh.

Looks as if they might have kept him in training a bit long, and not really the type that necessarily warrants a spot at stud in any case?

Opinions?
Pause Switch to Standard View Tough as Nails, son of Dark Angel
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire February 13, 2014 8:29 PM GMT
He was a 3k yearling! Where will this madness end?

I prefer the 3ker at Throckmorton over here, though don't ask me his name, at least he is by Green Desert!
Report Wilycayote February 15, 2014 8:12 PM GMT
Think this is a step too far.

You don't all have to give the stallion game a go lads!
Report The Gotchee February 16, 2014 9:35 PM GMT
Wait until the end of his 2 year old season then cast judgement. He couldn't be any worse than some of the sires that were introduced by major stallion operations.
Report neill d March 20, 2014 1:22 PM GMT
http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/bloodstock/finsceal-beo-son-to-stud-in-county-waterford/1185954/

Has this fella Finsceal Fior been well-supported? Some pedigree for only 4k. Has Bolger sent many to him? that would be the tell...
Report The Gotchee March 20, 2014 10:37 PM GMT
Nice pedigree but what was the extent of his injury?
I don't like these type of stallions.
He may be rotten in his wind and he could have had a lot of problems which are likely to be be passed on.
I'll take a 4k proven sire all day long.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com