Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
foxcovert
17 Jan 14 20:13
| Topic/replies: 145 | Blogger: foxcovert's blog
Hi,
I've been out of the game a few years and my old contacts have disappeared. I have my eye on a yearling, out of a horse I owned. However, I'd need to kep it somewhere for around 10 months and feed it, keep it safe, sound & healthy before I send it to a racing stable. What's the typical cost for that? Am I ok to send it to any old livery yard or do I need to use a racing stable etc.

Secondly, I'd like someone with a good 'eye'  to run the rule over my prospective purchase before I wade into the sales ring, I have a good history as a 'picker' but in the past I've always bunged someone a 'drink' for an opinion. As I said, I don't have those contacts anymore so how would I go about that?

Appreciate any thoughts or help..
Pause Switch to Standard View B&B Costs - Your help required
Show More
Report Posh Paddy January 17, 2014 8:51 PM GMT
UK or Ireland?
Report foxcovert January 18, 2014 10:46 AM GMT
Am buying the horse in Ireland, the plan would be to bring it back to the UK to race but I'd consider leaving it in Ireland if it were cheaper until it was getting ready to train

Thanks
Report Posh Paddy January 18, 2014 11:51 AM GMT
FC I keep my horse in Ireland in the off months and have him pre-trained there before racing him in the UK.  It's a lot cheaper that way.  If you drop me an email to balticbladeracing@outlook.com I'll give you the details of who I use and the costs.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com