Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
truehoncho
24 Nov 13 16:36
| Topic/replies: 4,377 | Blogger: truehoncho's blog
Any thoughts?
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire November 24, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
Nice head!

I'm a bit over exposed to the Aussies with this years matings, truehonch, so I have decided to ignore them for next year in case of a backlash!

A known European shuttle Sire  would have been a help for sure but then that is rather stating the obvious. Great looks are obviously of tantamount importance but I suppose in these mad times, the fee is of appeal!
Report truehoncho November 24, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
I could see Helmet being by E&E but I wouldn't be too keen on him myself PotM. However if he was at Dalham Hall he might have sneaked into my budget and I may have been tempted.
Report truehoncho November 24, 2013 9:54 PM GMT
I could see Helmet being by E&E but I wouldn't be too keen on him myself PotM. However if he was at Dalham Hall he might have sneaked into my budget and I may have been tempted.
Report ovalu January 9, 2014 9:55 PM GMT
I had a look at him and he's quiet a nice horse and I'm tempted, he's quiet big, what's the situation in Oz with regards to steroids etc,  he was a precocious 2 yo  but doesn't look overly like that to me. The big question is how will the market respond to these Aussie's, especially one by Commands. I saw Reckless Abandon also, very nice, I think a guaranteed winner commercially anyone using this horse( I can't as my mare is out of an Efesio)
Report potentialmillionaire January 10, 2014 9:28 PM GMT
I think the Aussie thing is quite impossible to call Ovalu.
It seems to me that with their presence being so great now they will have to be accepted to a certain extent as people need to buy a nice horse and if the shuttlers represent a decent proportion of those horses then what else are you supposed to do?
I saw Reckless Abandon in December and too thought him ok. Tiny mind and not really one to trust to do much more than a speedy commercial type. But from a strictly business point of view he remains one of the best around.

Anyone have a view on Farhh as a type. I liked him and was wondering if anyone can suspend prejudice and take a Pivotal plunge on him?
Report Wilycayote January 23, 2014 3:34 PM GMT
Today I received a glossy Epaulette brochure through the post. I get the feeling they might be struggling with this guy.

In terms of ratings, he was not quite as good as some of the other reverse shuttlers (although was obviously top class), and his sire is not as well known;

Timeform:
Sepoy 129 (Elusive Quality)
Foxwedge 128 (Fastnet Rock)
Helmet 127 (Exceed and Excel)
Epaulette 126 (Commands)

I wonder if "Zouster" will stand at Tweenhills in 2015!?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com