Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
02 Aug 13 17:20
| Topic/replies: 22,075 | Blogger: sageform's blog
What a dream horse to own (and follow) this horse has been. She came to my attention last year at Salisbury when I paid one of my rare visits on course. The same card comes up in 2 weeks time. I had plenty of time to analyse her race. Her first run at Newbury worked out well with the winner now rated 100 and the second winning a listed in France the day before Salisbury. Her second run was a second to Maureen! Third run in an auction maiden at Salisbury off 8.4 she opened at 15/2 and went off at 6/1. Sorella Bella was third and has since reached a handicap mark of 100! First time in a nursery Annecdote had a poor draw and got into a poor position but ran on well in 4th. She was then thrown into a nursery at Newmarkey on 78 and duly won. First time this season was just a sighter before she won again at Newbury and then a decent handicap at Royal Ascot.  She then had a penalty to carry against Zibelina and some useful 4yo's back at Ascot before dropping back to 7 furlongs today at Group 3 and winning quite easily. Great result for Johnny Portman and I hope that the breeder got more than the 1000gns offered the only time she visited a public sale ring!  Incidentally Zibelina is unbeaten in 2 and might be a Group 1 filly.
Pause Switch to Standard View Annecdote. Lucky Story-May Fox (Zilzal)
Show More
Report neill d August 3, 2013 7:38 PM BST
Well done Johnny Portman, long time in the game now and nice for him to get a real one.
Report sageform August 15, 2013 2:38 PM BST
Zibelina franked the form again winning a Group 3 at Deauville this afternoon.
Report roadrunner46 August 15, 2013 6:47 PM BST
your faith in zibelina payed off, charlie appleby is good trainer, helps when your training dansili'sLaugh WD
Report sageform August 15, 2013 7:30 PM BST
That might only be the start of a great autumn for Zibelina.
Report sageform August 22, 2013 2:36 PM BST
Now Lucky Kristale advertises Lucky Story as a sire. A group 2 filly at 2 and a group 3 winning 3yo in the same year is an achievement for bargain basement yearlings.
Report roadrunner46 August 23, 2013 11:37 AM BST
nothing lucky about that horse winning, easily beat rizeena LTO in a group 2, very generous price for lucky kristale yesterday.
should of been an even money shot on the form in the book. olympic glory shocked a few people in that french race, take a look
at that horse's record as a 2yo. was in the top 5 for 2yo's that season as well. suppose j wonder in that race helped, that was
only class 2. jim mcgrath knows all the traits of the sires and dams from experience on a race course. looks very powerfull horse.
Report sageform August 30, 2013 8:05 PM BST
Zibelina runs tomorrow at Sandown in another Group 3, the Atalanta Stakes.
Report roadrunner46 August 30, 2013 8:45 PM BST
plutocracy was good winner earlier, got the hatrick of wins, very well bred type by dansili / dams sire is bering (pennekamp) know
that won the 2000 guineas, writing down those past winners the other day. do you think lucky story can produce a guineas winner?
lucky kristale is horse like alot, looks powerfull filly and has good racing style. goodluck tomoro will take a look at the race.
Report sageform September 12, 2013 8:19 AM BST
The next chapter in this story should be written today when Annecdote is due to meet Maureen for the first time since their debuts at Newbury. Few would have expected an auction maiden at Newbury to produce two 105 plus rated fillies. Maureen should win comfortably on that form but she has not run well since her great effort in the 1000 Guineas while Annecdote continues to improve. She needs to do so again to beat Winning Express who is 3lb better off for 3/4 length from Goodwood and The Gold Cheongsam is not far behind. I expect Annecdote to run well again but the penalty is a worry. After 5 good wins I can't oppose her despite what the form book says.
Report roadrunner46 September 12, 2013 1:59 PM BST
winning express looks the danger in that race, has 3lb pull at weights and has some smart form  in the book. goodluck
Report roadrunner46 September 12, 2013 2:12 PM BST
nargys had a 12lb pull with annecdote
Report sageform September 12, 2013 2:15 PM BST
I know and the going was a big factor. She still ran well under the circumstances.
Report roadrunner46 September 12, 2013 2:24 PM BST
only had to reproduce that ascot run, and annecdote was not going to be able to compete at the revised weights, form of winning
express looked suspect as well, doesnt find much at the end of its races, always tiring. nargys best form was on soft. still
a good run from annecdote.
Report sageform September 13, 2014 9:22 PM BST
I wondered where Annecdote had gone since her last run. She has just dotted up in a $120,000 race at Belmont Park!! The Portman connections sold her apparently and good luck to them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com