Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
coupers
22 Apr 13 20:22
| Topic/replies: 106 | Blogger: coupers's blog
Big implications for commercial or owner breeders.Interested to know your opinion.Or is it just aother scandal in a long line of scandals,we are expected to endure.
Pause Switch to Standard View Has todays news.Certify ect?
Show More
Report coupers April 22, 2013 9:30 PM BST
You never know what can come out in the wash.
Report Eont April 23, 2013 8:51 AM BST
Some of the comments are beyond the pale.
It would suggest the abuse was not a one off and systamatic.
Any ban will not be long enough.
You just hope the other trainer looks poor compared to the other because he plays by the rules.
If you owned Camelot you would be thinking was his defeat legit?
Report The Gotchee April 23, 2013 12:59 PM BST
It would make you wonder what everybody else is up to. This has major implications for the whole industry. Every trainer has the same basic tools to work with but some seem to produce very impressive results. Is it that they are gifted trainers or ????????????????????????
For the future integrity of the sport these type of stable yard inspections will have to be more frequent and more importantly for horses that are out of training.Is it possible that these sort of practices are commonplace. It is a very sad day for the sport.
Report truehoncho April 24, 2013 3:57 PM BST
i don't think there are major implications for the sport. Cycling is a booming sport and they have had more than a few problems in this area. I would maybe keep it in mind if you were looking to buy a potential brood mare from there. Steriods won't do their fertility much good.
Report jonnyrotten April 24, 2013 7:25 PM BST
imho in general racing public terms this is a huge own goal for the sport following on from Dettori's drug ban it shows the sport in a very bad light, for racing insiders I dont think many will be shocked at all there have been too many horses returning from the desert bearing no relation to the beast that left here 6 months earlier
Report truehoncho April 24, 2013 10:38 PM BST
drug use in newmarket(human) isn't much of a secret. I don't think dettori's ban shows the sport in a bad light, recreational drug use is not just a horse racing thing.

as far as returning horses from the desert, it may demonstrate that drug use isn't so widespread here.
Report sageform April 25, 2013 12:05 PM BST
Clearly if 11 horses have tested positive, most of the string must have been given something that stayed in the bloodstream after treatment in Dubai. If the practice is widespread here, many more positive tests would show up.
Report Koo.... April 26, 2013 12:37 AM BST
Id be more bothered about using an Aussie aprinting stallion.  Cos on looks your left wondering how much was due to the needle, rather than what your foal might end up like
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com