Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wilycayote
02 Jul 11 19:00
| Topic/replies: 473 | Blogger: Wilycayote's blog
What do the team think about stallions that have had a wind operation? Does it really put you off, Do you simply discount the value of the fee, or is it not a factor in your mating decision?
For example.... Does it put you off Equiano? Will it put you off Strong Suit?
Pause Switch to Standard View Anybody got wind problems?
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire July 2, 2011 7:44 PM BST
I think Wilycayote that this often comes up in one way or another on this forum.

And ofcourse you can add So You Think to the mix too.

I personally would not like to use a horse with wind problems, but then I can't make a decision over which jam to put on my toast so I never discount anything!

Nureyev, Zafonic, Pivotal, Storm Bird all add to the breed and may or may not (lawyer speak) have started from dodgy respiratory ground [;)]

Horses that are wrong in their wind from an early stage, Strong Suit maybe, would be a great cause for concern. Horses with the make and shape of a bad winded horse, S Y T perhaps, would be likewise.

Equiano with a full career and a Gp1 win behind him before the wind needed tweaking would be less so.

I think whilst looking at the jam I would perhaps spread the third and leave the other two in the jar, so to speak.
Report the.mad.dog.man July 3, 2011 3:52 PM BST
no
Report Wilycayote July 4, 2011 5:15 PM BST
I chose not to use Equiano, and the wind was a factor in this. I could have been wrong woth this but I dont know whehter the majority of trainers / bloodstock agents consider the stallion's wind history when purchasing yearlings at the sales?
Report a bitofinterest July 9, 2011 3:33 AM BST
somebody send erse a mare ffs Sad
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com