Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wilycayote
02 Jul 11 19:00
| Topic/replies: 473 | Blogger: Wilycayote's blog
What do the team think about stallions that have had a wind operation? Does it really put you off, Do you simply discount the value of the fee, or is it not a factor in your mating decision?
For example.... Does it put you off Equiano? Will it put you off Strong Suit?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 4
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 02 Jul 11 19:44
I think Wilycayote that this often comes up in one way or another on this forum.

And ofcourse you can add So You Think to the mix too.

I personally would not like to use a horse with wind problems, but then I can't make a decision over which jam to put on my toast so I never discount anything!

Nureyev, Zafonic, Pivotal, Storm Bird all add to the breed and may or may not (lawyer speak) have started from dodgy respiratory ground [;)]

Horses that are wrong in their wind from an early stage, Strong Suit maybe, would be a great cause for concern. Horses with the make and shape of a bad winded horse, S Y T perhaps, would be likewise.

Equiano with a full career and a Gp1 win behind him before the wind needed tweaking would be less so.

I think whilst looking at the jam I would perhaps spread the third and leave the other two in the jar, so to speak.
By:
the.mad.dog.man
When: 03 Jul 11 15:52
no
By:
Wilycayote
When: 04 Jul 11 17:15
I chose not to use Equiano, and the wind was a factor in this. I could have been wrong woth this but I dont know whehter the majority of trainers / bloodstock agents consider the stallion's wind history when purchasing yearlings at the sales?
By:
a bitofinterest
When: 09 Jul 11 03:33
somebody send erse a mare ffs Sad
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel