Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Beauchamp-Gigi
09 Jun 11 23:11
| Topic/replies: 4 | Blogger: Beauchamp-Gigi's blog
Lot 177 a son of Flemensfirth sold for 60,000. Sale Topper

I always have a look at what the sale toppers cost as a foal.
The above horse is recorded on sales results as been purchased by G.H Bloodstock for 19,000 as a foal on December 10th 2008.

Today he is recorded to have made 60,000 Topping the sale purchased again by G.H Bloodstock

So my question is did G.H Bloodstock buy the horse off themselves or what.

Can anyone explain this for me
Pause Switch to Standard View Goffs Land Rover Sales Topper Day 1
Show More
Report Princesse D'Anjou June 10, 2011 3:51 PM BST
Probably sold it on behalf of one owner and then bought it on behalf of another.
Report Equimine.co.uk June 10, 2011 4:14 PM BST
The vendor is shown as Galbertstown Stud, I don not know if there is a connection, but somebody on this forum doubtless will.
Report BI June 12, 2011 5:42 PM BST
Gerry Hogan would have a long list of clients and he probably bought it for one client, saw it again last week and still liked him. Put another client into him then. you're always more likely to buy a horse from a place you know has looked after him.
Report Beauchamp-Gigi June 14, 2011 12:27 AM BST
BI
I beg to differ with you.

GH is on the catalogue as a Goffs Representative.
He is one of the agents picking for the sale. Some of the horses at the sale god alone knows how they got picked.
You need only talk to Breeders/Vendors who fully believe that its cronies that get into those picked sales.Some get 3 or 4 into the sale and others cant get one in. Allot would believe that its not the horses that are picked for the sale.
Report BI June 14, 2011 2:22 PM BST
Gigi, you asked if Gerry Hogan bought it off himself. I would doubt that. I'd expect he bought it for one client previously and was buying for another now. If you beg to differ, it suggests you know why he did buy it, so you don't need anyone else to explain it. In saying you beg to differ you then go on about the quality of the catalgoue, something that I agree with you on, but it has nothing to do with the sales topper.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com