Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
12 May 11 21:46
| Topic/replies: 2,672 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
Looks like the real deal - on the telly at least.

Obviously a late maturer, but he doesnt seem to have the confirmation of a real backward type?

I am quite minded of Shamardal as a type? Am I wrong again?
Pause Switch to Standard View Carlton House
Show More
Report Prima Donna May 12, 2011 10:10 PM BST
No,could it be that HRH finally gets that elusive Epsom Derby winner?Do you think Sir John has got it right?
Report potentialmillionaire May 12, 2011 10:23 PM BST
You know how it is when Sun reading celebrities threaten to leave the country if so and so get's elected? And most of us wish for that result so we'll be rid of them.

Well I dare you to wish for 'Sir John' because if so. I'm outta here Cry

I'd like to know how much the packages from Darley/Aga cost.
Do we think the Sheikh will be a good loser?

Mind you I'm not sure Aidan's two couldn't improve dramatically, particularly Recital.
Report jmc27 May 12, 2011 11:03 PM BST
Curious of the Aga/Darley deal.
Street Cry is a serious sire I see Wachman had Splashpoints full sister Feathers And Bows ( Street Cry (IRE)  (7.9f) — Dianehill (IRE) ) run yesterday in the Tabor colors so everyone is taking notice of him.

As for Carlton House love the head down ears back attitude betting wise 2/1 not for me tho!
Report SquidlyDiddly May 13, 2011 12:54 AM BST
visually taking performance and has the right team behind him, but posted a speed figure lower than the class4 2m2f race (and if they were sprinting that final furlong from a slowly run race it was not reflected in RP final furlong time)

Mr P line only had 1 derby winner (albeit last years), only High Rise foaled later of recent winners (and only Oath and STS in April) and with only 1 gp1 2nd and gp3 3rd was it really that strong a race after all the hype stripped away, looked more like the old school glasgow stakes of yesteryear

would love it for the old jellybean
Report neill d May 13, 2011 1:52 AM BST
You'd have to love the way that he carries himself anfd sticks his head down, v.likeable colt
Report Prima Donna May 13, 2011 9:47 AM BST
Agreed neill d,It will be great if HRH does pull it off!I was thinking this morning are we going to see John Warren knighted on Epsom Downs if he wins?Laugh
Report potentialmillionaire May 14, 2011 1:12 PM BST
Prima, I assume you will be at Epsom and I don't want to put any pressure on you personally, but as a man that makes things happen. . . Well just make sure if she does pull that sword out that someone grabs it from her and does the 'decent' thing to you know who and puts us out of our misery [;)]
Report neill d May 14, 2011 2:46 PM BST
Henry Cecil shirleyHappy
Report potentialmillionaire May 14, 2011 3:22 PM BST
Well I was thinking of somewhere where the sun don't shine neil d in you know who - and don't call me shirley. . .
Report Prima Donna May 14, 2011 9:58 PM BST
Pot M yes I will be at Epsom next month and if down to me the sword would be shoved in and out of as you say 'the sun don't shine'thingn is he may enjoy it!!Laugh[;)]
Report potentialmillionaire May 15, 2011 6:04 PM BST
I seem to remember a tale along those lines many years ago! Thing is I don't know if it was true.
You don't need to get married these days to cover things up, but I suppose if you get to jump 85 steps up the social/financial ladder - why not? Laugh
Report neill d May 15, 2011 11:13 PM BST
ah right, I was a bit slow on the uptake there,...., nothing new, to reiterate, smashing hoss
Report Red Raider May 17, 2011 9:44 AM BST
Aureole running second - great little clip this... enjoy

www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=38735
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com