Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RipVanWinkle
02 May 11 21:09
| Topic/replies: 588 | Blogger: RipVanWinkle's blog
Was at the Curragh today was really impressed with him, he does seem very big though and i wonder what some breeders think of that, he has a lovely chest,shoulder and a great head but with great power behind. I think 1m 2f will be his trip this season and taking on Workforce will be good to see. A nice Oasis Dream won the maiden but i think theres a good race somewhere for the Teofilo filly in second.
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire May 2, 2011 10:15 PM BST
I wonder how big Tights was. By Nijinsky11 out of a Round Table mare I imagine there's your recipe for So You Think's size.

I suppose you could send him a tiny mare Ripvan, they never seem to do big foals however hard you try! However like with like will probably get the best track results - and thats were it gets scary commercially - [:(]
Report RipVanWinkle May 2, 2011 11:43 PM BST
The size wouldn't worry me to much potm to be honest was just wondering what your thoughts on size where. He seems to have a lovely long powerful stride a real athlete just like his sire. We've used High Chapparal quite a bit and i would use SYT on the same mare but only if he wins a couple of big races here first.
Report potentialmillionaire May 3, 2011 7:44 PM BST
How good do you think he needs to be over here before everyone piles in?

As a humungous stayer by High Chapperal, I think very good indeed. He'll need to attract a good ammount of owner breeders to offset a reticence showed by commercial breeders perhaps.
Report RipVanWinkle May 3, 2011 8:40 PM BST
But he is just such an animal to look at and his best races are over middle distances so i think he could get some very good mares
Report Prima Donna May 4, 2011 7:05 PM BST
I wonder when it comes to it are we all really going to use a foreign bred son of High Chaparral who stays a trip?Is High Chaparral that great a sire that we will all use his son,I'm not so sure.Mind this year we shall see just how good SYT is,but for me he'd want to do an awful lot better and his sire as well esp' up here before I'd use him on a good mare,still that's only my opinion.
Report Lukemur May 6, 2011 11:33 AM BST
he will spank ur horses up to 2400m. He and black caviar are the best two horses in the world at present
Report Prima Donna May 6, 2011 9:50 PM BST
Apart from Frankle who would whip his ass!
Report neill d May 9, 2011 3:53 PM BST
I dunno, apart from the winner, that looked a really bad Guineas to me. R. Hughes has said 1)he wouldn't fear Frankel with Canford (whether we see that is questionable given the Coolmore connection) 2)It was mainly Derby types that gave chase in the Guineas. 3) The race might have left its mark, in fact Hughes reckons it is more likely it did. 4) Frankel covered the last 2 furlongs in National Hunt times and the idea that he had anything left at the end seems fanciful enough, Hughes said he was 25 lengths down and was surprised he managed to get it down to 6 at the line, Frankel was stopping, although he was entitled to.Laugh
Report Prima Donna May 9, 2011 5:20 PM BST
The day Richard Hughes rides Frankle in a race that's the day I'll listen to 'his' opinion when assessing the merits of the horse!Personally I'd very much like Canford Cliffs to take on Frankle and Goldikova for that matter,reckon that would be some race.
Report neill d May 9, 2011 5:31 PM BST
Yeah twud be some race alright, ya just playing devils advocate really, I would consider Hughes a good judge myself, I suppose it is the ride that Queally gave him that just makes me wonder. I'd probably /have felt better about his prospects going on if Queally had dropped him in and beat them snug by two lengths or something.
Report Prima Donna May 9, 2011 6:21 PM BST
I too think Richard Hughes is a good judge but we all saw Frankle's astonishing performance,Tom Queally is of the opinion that the horse is astonishing its perfectly possible that he simply is.......astonishing,he certainly gave him an astonishing ride that day!Grin
Report neill d May 9, 2011 6:42 PM BST
ya hope hope he keeps going, although the nature of the performance in the Guineas means his spot in the pantheon is cemented anyway, he is an amazing stallion prospect. Every possibility is plausable  with this fella I suppose, and if he ever settled......
Report neill d May 9, 2011 6:42 PM BST
ya hope hope he keeps going, although the nature of the performance in the Guineas means his spot in the pantheon is cemented anyway, he is an amazing stallion prospect. Every possibility is plausable  with this fella I suppose, and if he ever settled......
Report Prima Donna May 9, 2011 6:48 PM BST
Yeah its feasible that Frankle is his own worst enemy,I'm looking forward to Ascot already..........can't wait!
Report potentialmillionaire May 9, 2011 7:41 PM BST
I'm with you there!

Frankel's time at Newmarket was incredible, the fact that the fabulous fractions were at the start didn't matter in my opinion. Doesn't really matter where he won the race - but as you say, the future is the slight imponderable. If the same horse turns up again, I don't see defeat being an option, even given the quality of the older guard.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com