Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Somerset Sam
21 Apr 11 19:38
| Topic/replies: 1,275 | Blogger: Somerset Sam's blog
On the subject of Aga Khan horses on another topic how well received do you guys think Siyouni will be?

A very good two year old and sharper than your usual Aga Khan horse.

Thoughts?
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire April 21, 2011 8:39 PM BST
It's a struggle to find the energy to get too excited about Siyouni SS.

However I have just been on the Aga's website and had a look at the video ( they're certainly getting more commercial) and it's a reminder of what a useful 2yo he was.

Pivotal x Danehill is a good starting point, but my reservations would be on looks - commercially - as I'm guessing he's not the prettiest. To try and be commercial with a French sire over here, well it's all got to be so right hasn't it. As a long term sire prospect, who knows.
Report RipVanWinkle April 21, 2011 8:59 PM BST
I really did like this horse a lot but was disappointed he could not win at 3 but he did go close. I've used Excellent Art a bit and that was a reason i was interested in him as i was happy with the foals that i got. It was inevitable really that he would retire to the French base of the Aga Khan. He'll get his chance without a doubt, has a commercial pedigree, group 1 winning 2 year old but the fact that his 3 three old campaign didnt go to plan is his downfall
Report roy jones April 22, 2011 10:18 PM BST
the biggest problem for siyouni is :

he has a lot speed, a very good turn of foot

but he wasn't hard enough........i fear his progenity could have this particularity.......C Soumillon said that whan he won his third race at 2 years old
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com