Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pimm
27 Mar 11 11:34
| Topic/replies: 122 | Blogger: pimm's blog
guys,having just started out in the breeding game,and having a lovely bay colt  born on tuesday,of which i might sell as a yearling, or put it into training.whats the sp on the breeders prizes, rp bonuses,ebf races etc.??
Pause Switch to Standard View calling sageform&potential m,etc
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire March 28, 2011 3:00 PM BST
Pimm, I don't know where your foal was bred but if he is GB bred he will be elligible for breeders prizes if he wins in class 5 races or upwards. It makes no odds whether you race him yourself (other than you can target him accordingly) or whether you sell him - but he might end up abroad and that's that!
The RP bonus is for yearlings going through the ring and costs £250 0n sales entry £250 on actual sale and £250 to the purchaser to remain eligible. If you do not sell through the ring  then the 2nd and 3rd payments (500) can be found by yourself to keep the horse in the scheme. Then ofcourse the owner of your pride and joy can chase the £10,000 bonus attatched to various races.
Ebf races are about whether your horse is by a nominated stallion which in turn makes him eligible for ebf sponsered races. I assume yours is and this will not affect you if you sell but will make your colt qualified for a greater number of races with enhanced prize money.
Report sageform March 29, 2011 1:21 PM BST
I can't add much to that. If you were aiming at national hunt, the payments can add up if you are owner/breeder/trainer of a winning chaser but you may have to wait 7 years to find out if it is good enough. I remember being surprised when Robert Chugg bought me a bottle of bubbly when Jefferies won a novice chase but his breeders prize was as much as my quarter share in the owners prize.
Report David Fishwick Minibus Sales March 29, 2011 3:53 PM BST
there's also the TBA breeders prizes (plus free third party insurance just by becoming a member). every little helps.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com