Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
potentialmillionaire
23 Mar 11 21:53
| Topic/replies: 2,672 | Blogger: potentialmillionaire's blog
Sorry if we are revisiting old ground here but 5th 1st crop stakes winner means he isn't a disaster.

6k published this season so presume he is cheapest horse down Fethard way. Is anyone using him? As he's never floated my boat I find myself pretty ignorant as to where he is in perceptions.

Also, do you still have to traipse down to Castle Hyde or some such for his type?
Show More
Report Prima Donna March 23, 2011 9:16 PM GMT
Nice sort and from a very high class family and by the great sire himself,good looking stallion (but I don't like greys)6k this year but he's available at half that,yes we have used him and he does get nice sorts,is he up your street?
Report RipVanWinkle March 23, 2011 9:34 PM GMT
Used him aswell very happy with what we got, dont mind grey's myself, comes from a good family he's cheap you could go alot worse
Report potentialmillionaire March 23, 2011 9:38 PM GMT
Young, proven and tuppence-ha'penny, he'd have to be worthy of some consideration surely?

Mind you, not really the farm to go to for a cheapy, you'd feel happier about going to an independent with a sense of fair play and a bit of hard graft behind them perhaps.

Prima, you'd not be a stranger to success on the grey frontGrin so why the antipathy?
Report Prima Donna March 23, 2011 9:46 PM GMT
Its just my own personal taste,as you know Slick likes them she has done well with a few[;)]
Report Prima Donna March 23, 2011 9:52 PM GMT
Another thing to remember is when breeding TB's you will from time to time have to use a grey stallion or mare that's how it goes Pot M,I agree with Rip Van not a bad punt for the money.
Report Prima Donna March 25, 2011 1:19 PM GMT
Well Pot M,After a few days thinking him over what do you reckon are you interested?Was trading at 3k euro back in Jan less now I guess.
Report potentialmillionaire March 25, 2011 2:40 PM GMT
I don't think it's a goer Prima, but it is pretty amazing how things work when you've got a horse like him at -3k perhaps and the Kodiac's of this world are fighting them off. He seems quite a lot more capable of siring a high class horse than a lot of his contemporaries.

Perceptions are not with him right now and as I said before nor is the farm. It's such a job to get these thing turned around. . .
Report Prima Donna March 25, 2011 2:44 PM GMT
That's true esp' about the 'farm'have you made your choices yet?...................Its getting late but plenty of time to be very cheeky when negotiating.[;)]
Report potentialmillionaire March 25, 2011 3:01 PM GMT
I'm still struggling on the one Prima as although a 1st foaler she has shown all the signs of being that old chestnut who misses the 2nd season. (Like her mother incidentally) Iffy mother (sorted) iffy gut - foal. Mare's struggling to hold weight - foal doing well mind. We're currently doing a little lungeing with the mare (you know how it goes) and things are improving but I'm not shipping her until I'm 100% happy. If she can only manage 1 jump then it'll be over here but if she seems a goer at the end of next week then I might ship her over to you. (Get a box ready Laugh)
Report Prima Donna March 25, 2011 3:03 PM GMT
Good man,getting her over here is the best plan as frankly over in the UK you only have one or two worth a punt.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com