Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jay..b#
03 Oct 10 12:30
| Topic/replies: 834 | Blogger: jay..b#'s blog
that are 17.0 hands+. Struggling to find one at the moment...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 13
By:
perrydinho
When: 03 Oct 10 12:55
Dynaformer... if you have a spare $150,000 Grin
By:
jay..b#
When: 03 Oct 10 13:15
shuck, im not that rich! Laugh
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 03 Oct 10 15:34
It's not necessarily something people shout about - not considered particularly desirable in this game!
My guess is that the Lucarno and Beat All types probably contain some 17 handers who were measured when standing in a dip in the yard [;)]
By:
revedesivola
When: 03 Oct 10 22:48
stowaway isnt that big but had a 18hh progeny called stowaway giant. try 18hh for size
By:
Lairy Mary
When: 03 Oct 10 23:40
Exit to Nowhere is pretty tall.
By:
Prima Donna
When: 05 Oct 10 18:41
Zamindar is about the biggest stallion covering atm officially 16.3hh but I bet he is more like 17hh,the market never wants gigantic horses,as a rule they are hard to keep sound.
Zamindar can get them big saying that mind we have a nice mare by him who is 15.3hh,so I suppose it depends on your mare,why on earth do you want such a tall stallion ?Is your mare a midget.
By:
jay..b#
When: 06 Oct 10 12:29
not looking to breed my horse just yet, she is only 2½ at the moment. She is sired by Reel Buddy and out of an unraced mare called Royal Future (consigned at Bearstone Stud). She will mature to around 16.2hh herself so is quite the opposite to a midget. Looking to breed a giant though one day!
By:
Prima Donna
When: 06 Oct 10 12:49
If you do breed one one day jay..b# and its massive then be fully aware you will be racing it yourself as doubt buyers will take on such a giant in the sale ring,if you do plan to sell then I would suggest you look for a stallion that is fast and strong that will compensate her minus points ie for a start her size,as I said above the markets don't go for that sort,as a rule of thumb far too big =backward with soundness issues later on,personally speaking I'd never use a gigantic stallion on a mare who herself is as you say 16.2hh.Not unless you want to keep it and call it Sefton!Grin
By:
potentialmillionaire
When: 06 Oct 10 19:03
Ditto I'm afraid jay..b#

Your offspring may have serious soundness issues and it certainly won't be of appeal in this game. If you fancy having a huge horse hanging around, go to the breeds where this is more appropriate and have been developed accordingly. The TB is not really suited.
By:
RipVanWinkle
When: 06 Oct 10 22:11
i saw a good few big ones out of teofilo at goffs and tatts
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Oct 10 06:16
Well Rip Van that's a good point,I too have seen some of his most tend to big tallish sorts, but when you think about Teofilo think about his size,then ask yourself why he did not go on after 2,the points above should give you the answer,in his case he was precocious but being a tall backward looking sort his precocity came at a very high price to himself.
By:
jay..b#
When: 07 Oct 10 12:19
For anyone who is interested I have found one stallion on the Racing Post Stallion Book which stands at 17.0hh, albeit his fee is a very tiny £500.

His name is Air Quest (sired by Rainbow Quest) and is a full brother to the 1990 Derby winner Quest For Fame. He stands at Swallows Oast Stud along with Boogie Street (always used to follow that horse myself)

http://swallowsoaststud.com/stallions1.html
By:
Prima Donna
When: 07 Oct 10 12:57
LaughLaughLaughNeed I say any-more!!!People who know my views about Rainbow Quest will know what I am laughing about,Unsoundness goes hand in hand with this stallion,using a 17.hh son of his will imo only result in one thing a horrendously gigantic backward boat who will be so unsound it will almost certainly never race,good luck if that's your plan,injury curtailed his career ask your self why?The answer won't be hard to work out jay..b#
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com