Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
yer ma
28 Sep 10 15:37
| Topic/replies: 1,225 | Blogger: yer ma's blog
The worst bit of auctioneering I have ever seen was today.  Filly stopped at 50k - hammer down.  Bit of chit chat off mic, within a minute two 'bidders' exchange 'bids' to...130k.  Truly embarrassing, gives the game a bad name.
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire September 28, 2010 5:11 PM BST
Blimey. How on earth could they justify re-opening the bidding even though it was a **** up. If the hammer's down. . .
Report yer ma September 28, 2010 6:33 PM BST
Been knocked down to Shadwell at the 2nd go.  Very strange indeed.
Report The Gotchee September 28, 2010 9:23 PM BST
I can't understand why you are so surprised.Shocked Everyone within the industry knows the way these sales are conducted.

SALES CODE OF PRACTICE

"To insure the integrity and transparency in the Irish Bloodstock Industry.
This will benefit the entire bloodstock community ensuring the laws of the land are upheld thus encouraging a competitive fair and thriving marketplace. This will safeguard the interests of all parties involved in horse related transactions both at public auction and private sales. It will also encourage new people to enter the business."Mischief

I was there today and it was a struggle for the auctioneers.
Report yer ma September 28, 2010 9:28 PM BST
Clearly I know the score but that was beyond the pale.  I've not seen one struggle to make X, get knocked down as sold (not 'not sold') and then by magic start again and within a minute nearly treble and not even attempt to take another bid or put it round the ring.  Laughable.
Report yer ma September 29, 2010 10:08 PM BST
Yesterday's sale of lot 116 has caused quite a stir since the daughter of Pivotal was initially knocked down for €55,000, only for thebidding to be reopened and for her to sell for €130,000.

Sources say that Kevin Prendergast and Luca Cumani both bid €55,000, which meant bidding had to continue. Both then took each other on until Prendergast came off best at €130,000. Shadwell signed the ticket.

Nice to see the RP happy to peddle a straight lie.
Report irish_guy_13 September 29, 2010 10:14 PM BST
whats the trade like?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com