Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
neill d
26 Sep 10 22:53
| Topic/replies: 9,909 | Blogger: neill d's blog
Rip will go this year, I'd have thought CB fits the profile of one they'd usually keep in trainin, Might they be fretting on next year with their apparent lack of high class 2 year olds
Pause Switch to Standard View Do Coolmore have to produce at least...
Show More
Report neill d September 26, 2010 10:53 PM BST
their 3yo crop, ran out of space
Report starspangledbanner September 26, 2010 11:33 PM BST
there 2 yo's look much of a muchness this season
Report humzini October 10, 2010 3:10 PM BST
I don't understand some of their sales in recent years though

2007 - Eagle Mountain and Archipenko

2009 - Masterofthehorse & Golden Sword

These horses showed a lot of class and I'm sure Aiden could have had success with them as 4 yos - possibly not as much as Mike de **** did with the first 2

If Godolphin can get away without offering a serious Classic contender since Dubawi (despite their numerous 2yo buys) I think we can forgive Aiden O'Brien one quiet season in 2011
Report humzini October 10, 2010 3:12 PM BST
For any posters who come up with Godolphin's recent St Leger contenders - hardly a stallion producing race
Report humzini October 10, 2010 3:19 PM BST
I can't see them keeping Cape Blanco in training myself

As a 10 furlong horse he's proved himself to be a world beater in the Dante and the Irish Champion Stakes

But he doesn't have the speed for a mile or the stamina for 12 furlongs

So how can they enhance his stud value by keeping him in training?

But as a horse racing fan of course I hope they do - would love one final matchup between CB and Workforce at 10 furlongs in a small field
Report Prima Donna October 10, 2010 4:33 PM BST
Cape Blanco looked every inch a colt who stayed 12f to me in the Irish Derby and in winning the Irish Champion in the style he ran again looked like a colt who does stay,also being 2nd in the King George is a clue he does indeed stay the 12f,I know mind that its fashionable to say he does not stay the 12f,always hammer home the fact 'he has so much natural speed'form is always a better judge as to a horses ability than any stallion marketing trash.
Report neill d October 10, 2010 6:14 PM BST
I think I'm repeating myself probablyLaugh but I disregard the Irish Derby because I believe CB would beat that lot over any distance, just the better horse, I thought he was treading water in the final furlong, but noone had the class to take advantage of it. Mastercraftsman won a race over 1m4f last year against inferiorsMischief and while he plugged on at Ascot he wasn't competitive and you'd have to believe he'd give Harbinger a better race over 10f. I'm inclined to agree with AOB in this case and say if he does get it it's 'on guts'. Why do I feel that could be THE new Ballydoyle Catchphrase?
Report Prima Donna October 10, 2010 6:27 PM BST
its always worth taking what connections say regarding trips for any runners of theirs as I'm sure you know horses that win over 12f are seen as staying horses,which equals stamina a dirty word for breeders today,hence why we always get spoon fed the trollocks that 'he does not truly stay 12'remember A.O'Brien acts as a stallion promoter for his employers.
Report Prima Donna October 10, 2010 6:28 PM BST
***with a pinch of salt***
Report humzini October 10, 2010 6:57 PM BST
Prima Donna - one question

Would you rather put your last £1k float on Cape Blanco in the Prince of Wales Stakes or the King George next year?

Having said that the DUKE was just as good in the KG and he was a Danehill
Report Prima Donna October 10, 2010 7:25 PM BST
In that case it would be The Prince of Wales,but that does not mean Cape Blanco does not stay 12f its just that races over 10f are far more viable in the stallion markets,that's why if he does stay in training you will see him campaigned over those trips,why do you think Fame and Glory ran in the Tatt's Gold Cup?
Report neill d October 10, 2010 11:56 PM BST
I get where you're coming from Prima , he gets the trip in that he's won a Gr 1 at it, but I wouldn't think he'd win a hot group 1 at the distance, and of course from the breeding angle speed must be emphasised. I was just getting at the fact that I think he's a much better horse at 10f, but Coolmore almost seem to feel the need to deny he gets it for commercial reasons. I actually genuinely do believe AOB though as for me he just seems to empty. He looks to me like a grinder of a 10f horse so I suppose I could see why they would want to deny his staying virtues.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com