Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Race1
13 Sep 10 19:56
| Topic/replies: 51 | Blogger: Race1's blog
I have a foal who is a well bred very good looking daughter of Tiger Hill.

I am looking to get her into one of the good sales next year. Preferably Book 1, but if that is not possible then Book 2. Currently she is kept with her mother at premises of my trainer.

I am aware that consigning horses to sales isn't his business, and the foal and probably the mare would be better off at a proper stud with the correct contacts to get her into the right sale.

I am situated about 30 miles South of Newmarket. Could anyone recommend a stud that would be interested in taking my horses, and what sort of daily keep rates I should expect to pay?

Thanks in advance
Pause Switch to Standard View Boarding Advice
Show More
Report potentialmillionaire September 13, 2010 8:30 PM BST
By and large Race1 your filly should get herself into the appropriate sale. The sales company will feel confident with a consignor they know, but everyone has to start somewhere so don't be too worried about her needing a big consignor to get her into a select sale.

If you are relatively new to this aspect of the game, be aware of rose tinted spectacles though, we've all been known to don them from time to time! If come inspection time Tatts mention some less than desirable aspects they may well be right and in my opinion shining out in a lesser sale is frequently the way ahead.

You will have no problem finding a boarding stud, but my memory doesn't rattle off a list right now - someone will though!
Report yer ma September 13, 2010 8:56 PM BST
Its a long time until next years sales but as PotM says while your face fitting does matter, getting in Book 1 (and certainly 2) shouldnt be a problem if the page is there.  Your choice is probably down to whether you want to be part of big consignor or a boarding stud who also prep, advantages to both but if its the latter I'd recommend searching for Redgate Bloodstock (newmarket) online - very good people.  About £25 a day guessing.  Or send them to us for £15 a day, more than 30 miles tho!
Report Prima Donna September 14, 2010 4:41 PM BST
If you live 30 miles south of NMKT then I'd try Grove Farm Stud at Wickhambrook just outside NMKT about 5 miles,the peoples name are Julian and Anne Wilson (not the TV racing commentator),they are about the cheapest place to board in town and do a very good job,friends of ours sent a couple of mares there for walk in and where very happy with how the mares looked on their return home,they also do sales prep'and consign at both NMKT and Doncaster.
They are a lot less than £25 per day I think,take a look www.grovefarmstud.com hope this helps they are good helpful guys to deal with.
Report St Jovite September 20, 2010 4:06 PM BST
Herringswell Manor Stud in Newmarket, excellent job and not overly expensive. Eric Cantillon is the owner.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com