Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
neill d
24 Jun 10 20:14
| Topic/replies: 9,908 | Blogger: neill d's blog
With Rip, St Nick, F&G coming at the end of the year do some have to make way and be sold?
Pause Switch to Standard View Which sires will drop off the...
Show More
Report victors June 24, 2010 9:14 PM BST
Age profile of their Irish stallions is very good- oldest stallion surprisingly is danehill dancer at 17 followed by peintre celebre (16). Lot of stallions yet to have runners or at an early stage. Of those with their first three year olds I would say Footstepsinthesand is in danger. I could see High Chaparral staying in australia after another year or so as he is doing much better down under. Amongst the cheaper stallions they will have no qualms getting rid of them quickly if they do not quickly produce the goods (ad valorem, ivan denosovich, strategic prince, aussie rules).
Report Prima Donna June 24, 2010 9:36 PM BST
That is a good point about Footstepsinthesand,if they are going to stand him next year he will have to really turn it in from now on,his great hope Steinbeck has proved nothing more than being a pure marketing horse who has done nothing at all,(though some people still think he is top class)the way he's going  Footsteps'will join Hawk Wing in Korea,he will be dead in the water this year at the sales.
Report Black Sam Bellamy June 24, 2010 10:12 PM BST
Ad Valorem
Aussie Rules
Ivan Denisovich
Oratorio
Report potentialmillionaire June 24, 2010 10:39 PM BST
I agree with you all here, I think they've got plenty of borderliners at the moment. Consistent 2yo speed producers seem to be a bit thin on the ground for them right now, and if you want to ply your trade at the other end of the scale you've got to be hot hot hot.
I certainly think those 'safe' make for a much smaller list.
Neil d, I remain sceptical about St Nick being a definite new fixture - I can't stand staying 2yo's that don't train on (Hello Gorgeous/High Estate/Tenby/Dunbeath etc) although, early days just yet. SSBanner will stand though I'm sure.
Report RipVanWinkle June 24, 2010 11:53 PM BST
Why would they get rid of Oratorio he has done well for them. I could see Rock Of Gibraltar being sold for big money to Japan. I'd say they'll hold onto Aussie Rules because with his breeding he could turn out to be anything.
Report Prima Donna June 25, 2010 10:20 AM BST
I too could see Rock of Gibraltar going on a one way ticket to Japan unless he gets some very good one's which from what we have seen looks unlikely.Aussie Rules will I think be given another year he does show a bit of promise and coming from his high class family his 3 y'olds should improve,Oratorio could do better in the autumn so lets see,we have a few by him a very nice filly that did not run last year,she looks a nice prospect for later on,but now with Coolmore his is very much on his own.
The one I think will be outed this year is Footstepsinthesand.
Report neill d June 25, 2010 3:54 PM BST
Ya re my other thread on Oratorio, I've no stats to back this up but I just seemed to notice that he had plenty of winners last year (I remember one early season type for Ger Lyons) and I don't hear so much about him this year with the 3yos. I was just wondering if maybe his stock were different to Oratorio himself, although theres still the late summer and autumn to come and thats where he excelled himself. He was a horse that always interested me because I don't think they ever truly figured him out despite his two huge wins in the eclipse and the Irish champion. Who would be regarded as his best offspring at this point lads?
Report jan_vermeer June 25, 2010 4:32 PM BST
sadlers wells nap
Report neill d June 25, 2010 4:39 PM BST
Laugh
Report potentialmillionaire June 25, 2010 8:59 PM BST
There has never been a notable stallion out of a Vaguely Noble mare. He was a real filly type of stallion and Oratorio may not change that stat.
I suspect they may need their bottoms smacking too, like Dad. Perhaps trainers will find out more about them as they go on, just like Oratorio himself.
13 winners at home to date? Given his book size and quality has to be dissapointing - at best!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com