The migration to the new forum is now complete. We are aware of the following issues and es are being worked on as a matter of urgency:
· Bold, underline and italics formatting options are missing when adding a post via the Forum tab (they are available when posting via the forum pop-up)
· The refresh button that takes you to the last post in a thread, only works the first time it is clicked
· The ‘Show newest first’ drop down functionality does not work as expected
· When viewed in Internet Explorer, some of the buttons do not displaying correctly
· Performance improvements are being investigated
· We are looking at adding a Reply button at the bottom of threads
Please use the Site Feedback area of the Forum to inform us of issues you may be encountering with the new Forum. As a reminder, we had to move to a new forum platform as the old forum was on software that was no longer being supported by the vendor that supplied it. Continuing on the old platform would have resulted in bugs and a degraded experience.
Our goal with the new forum is to try to replicate as closely as possible the functionality of the previous version but on a platform that can cater to the growing usage of the forum. In time, and once the issues above are ed, we want to start a beta programme to test and gather feedback on new features, such as search and the reporting of abuse. The beta programme will run side by side with the forum that is now live. The beta version of the forum will also allow us to gather feedback from customers on new layout, design and features popular in other forums.
At first the beta programme will be by invitation only (a small number of the most active forumites) but we will look to open it up to more customers as soon as we can. We have already made changes to how the beta version will look following feedback from customers invited to recent focus groups. We have not yet determined the timing of the beta programme phases as we want to ensure the issues identified above are ed first. We will provide information on how to indicate your interest in participating in the beta programme soon.