Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BigMover
25 Apr 10 13:07
| Topic/replies: 22 | Blogger: BigMover's blog
Who is the next top National Hunt stallion? Could it be Kings Theatre? Kalanisi? Scorpion? Brian Boru? Westerner? Beneficial?
Pause Switch to Standard View The next big thing???
Show More
Report BigMover April 25, 2010 1:37 PM BST
Who is the next top National Hunt stallion? Could it be Kings Theatre? Kalanisi? Scorpion? Brian Boru? Westerner? Beneficial?
Report redal2 April 25, 2010 1:57 PM BST
King's Theatre is already breaking through, he'd be my choice
Report potentialmillionaire April 25, 2010 7:42 PM BST
Now I know N.H. sires take time to get going, but Kings Theatre the 'next' big thing, at 19? I fear the only 'next' that could befall him might involve a digger and a headstone!
Report redal2 April 25, 2010 8:51 PM BST
Fair point :-)
That's the problem with NH sires often though. Perhaps getting due recognition might be more correct.
Report Allduckornodinner April 25, 2010 9:16 PM BST
Milan will get a high amount of winners given that he is covering 200 mares a year when other stallions are very quiet. That being said haven't bought into all the roaring done about him myself.

Brian Boru won't make it given his wind problems. Mountain High is probably capable of being a reasonable sire but his profile probable won't resonate with most breeders. Scorpion is a likely type to be a future top sire, has some admirable attributes.
Report Princesse D'Anjou April 25, 2010 9:33 PM BST
Califet for precocious bumper/hurdler types :)
Report Prima Donna April 25, 2010 10:22 PM BST
Scorpion is a likely type to be a future top sire, has some admirable attributes.

Has he? imo this horse has a up hill battle as none of the sires from his family have been any good as jump sires
Report Allduckornodinner April 25, 2010 10:32 PM BST
Well he was a consistent top-class performer and multiple Group 1 winner with plenty of size and bone (especially relative to other sires).

He is siring some pretty nice types, many of the ones i've seen have a great walk to them. A good racehorse normally walks well imo.

His family may not stand well to him but he looks like making an impact if his yearlings are anything to go by and Coolmore are keen to push him (always a help :) )
Report Prima Donna April 25, 2010 10:40 PM BST
I remember all the comments about Alflora and they sold well he too gets good sorts,Ardross was very hit and miss as a sire Alderbrook if a flop,but I know he is not the same family just a son of Ardross.
Report Prima Donna April 25, 2010 10:41 PM BST
Alderbrook was a flop
Report Allduckornodinner April 25, 2010 10:50 PM BST
I think Scorpion would be a much different proposition to Alderbrook. Much classier type who is likely to get much better support. Alderbooks tend to be horrifically slow while I would imagine Scorpion (as a son of Montjeu) would be capable of producing better stock.
Report Prima Donna April 25, 2010 10:59 PM BST
I agree with you Scorpion was a very good horse,and I do like him always did when racing,I just have my doubts with his family.
Report RipVanWinkle April 25, 2010 11:01 PM BST
I have a mare in foal to Scorpion already this year. He is a very muscular horse with great power and limbs.His foals looked nice so onwards and upwards
Report boba April 26, 2010 6:29 AM BST
I like kings theatre for sure but not certain any NH stallion can be commanding 9k EUR+ in these times. I think it depends on your aims if you are breeding with profit in mind firstly good luck ;) but Bach seems well priced and will have plenty of runners on the ground in future. Daylami is a snip at 2k EUR certainly seems commercial at that to me. Oscar at 4k seems decent thou i have had a few and they were all good but not so sound. Court Cave looks well priced and a nice pedigree. If i was looking to race my produce I would try Royal Anthem or High Rise or Golden Tornado thou they may not be saleable. Golden Tornado I like a lot and he has produced a lot of quality from the limited opportunities he has been given.
Report ben10 April 26, 2010 1:06 PM BST
Could Robin Des Champs fall into this category or is he already established?
Report Prima Donna April 26, 2010 1:12 PM BST
Both the Robin's are good sorts should do well over the next couple of years.
Report Allduckornodinner April 26, 2010 8:40 PM BST
I think Royal Anthem has fertility problems Boba. Daylami is very cheap if you can get a good one but a high proportion of his stock aren't cut out for the jumping game. Golden Tornado does deserve better opportunites alrite.

I agree regarding the two Robin horses. I would probably be favouring Robin Des Champs myself at the minute though have nothing against Robin Des Pres.
Report Equimine.co.uk April 28, 2010 9:50 AM BST
One I would be interested in views on is Martaline.

Full brother to Reefscape and half brother to Coastal Path.

Retired to stud in France 2005, stands for Euros 4000.
Appears to have made a decent start more as a dual purpose sire.
Report BigMover April 28, 2010 7:48 PM BST
We had a filly foal by Robin des Pres recently, an outstanding foal by all accounts, very impressed, loads of size, great mover, lovely looking filly.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com