Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
BraveInca2006.
11 Apr 10 12:51
| Topic/replies: 609 | Blogger: BraveInca2006.'s blog
First runner at Folkstone tomorrow with Bishops Moon, damsire is Montjeu. Any thoughts on the prospets for his progeny? I see he is down to £7k for this year.
Show More
Report Prima Donna April 11, 2010 1:19 PM BST
With the markets the way they are at the moment 7k imo looks top heavy,I can't remember but I dont think they sold that well last year.He will struggle a bit because he has to carry his own sire,as he was not that good overall but his dam is well bred so that will help,but I have never used him and cant really see that changing for now.
Report BraveInca2006. April 11, 2010 1:35 PM BST
Agree it looks a bit expensive. Mull of Kintyre has been very poor.
Report Prima Donna April 11, 2010 1:45 PM BST
Art Connoisseur is going to be handicapped in the same way as Araafa both being by sires that no-one really wants.
Report zoozee April 11, 2010 11:16 PM BST
got the run of the races for his G1 wins i think i remember. Was overated i felt as a 3yo
Report Gimcrack April 12, 2010 12:52 AM BST
I would say he's probably best watched for now. The yearlings certainly didn't sell as well as I thought they would, and It's never a good sign when Peter Doyle doesn't take an interest in a first seasons sire's progeny.
Report Prima Donna April 12, 2010 6:16 AM BST
But perhaps you don't understand why Peter Doyle didn't buy any,nothing to do with his stock!More like the owner.
Report Gimcrack April 13, 2010 12:01 AM BST
I can't say I know much about that side of it... I've seen a few of his stock though, and they're often a bit weak behind. They generally walk well, and stretch out nicely, so may still run okay? We shall see...
Report Prima Donna April 13, 2010 7:25 AM BST
Peter Doyle didn't buy any,nothing to do with his stock! More like the owner.

That IS the reason Peter Doyle didn't buy any by Araafa!I will say no more only that I have delt with PD and you would need to keep a close eye on things,Araafa's owner did not.
Report Prima Donna April 13, 2010 7:26 AM BST
**dealt**
Report Gimcrack April 13, 2010 10:44 AM BST
As I said before, I don't know much about that side of it. I accept there are politics involved in these things, and you obviously know more about them than me. What I am saying is, they didn't just sell badly because Doyle didn't buy any; they're not particularly striking sorts and don't look particularly early...
Report Prima Donna April 13, 2010 1:36 PM BST
I would agree with that.
Report potentialmillionaire April 13, 2010 7:10 PM BST
I feel that M of K's pedigree ought to carry him some way with regard to producing a sire son and ofcourse the Pivotal connection only adds a frission to the mix. He's the old chestnut of not looking particularly consistent in his 'stock stamping'. Prima Donna, I'd love to hear your Peter Doyle tales but perhaps the libel laws might get in the way!! He doesn't go out of his way to look at my horses either due to my playing the game straight down the middle!
Report Prima Donna April 13, 2010 7:25 PM BST
Prima Donna, I'd love to hear your Peter Doyle tales but perhaps the libel laws might get in the way!! He doesn't go out of his way to look at my horses either due to my playing the game straight down the middle

Pot'M.You are dead right about the libel laws,as soon as I pressed the button this morning and read what i'd put, I did think perhaps I should of not put it so obviously.
When you sell imo you always need some form of help,playing with 'agents' you need to be one step ahead and keep a very close eye on deals ALWAYS,but thats how it all works as I'm sure you know.
Report potentialmillionaire April 13, 2010 7:58 PM BST
I'm afraid I do just turn up and hope! A proper horse needs no help, but I do get in a mess with the lesser lights when others have their 'network' to bail them out. I don't think I'm clever enough to play the games of others, I'd forget who gets what! Also my conscience to sleep at night. . .
Maybe that's why I remain 'potential' !!
Report BraveInca2006. April 13, 2010 9:05 PM BST
prima donna - i know they story you are alluding to and you are being most kind to PD.
Report Prima Donna April 13, 2010 9:48 PM BST
Yes I think I was! Once a well know 'agent' did a deal for me buying a colt,I think he thought he was smart in cooking up the deal,all in place then I could see that it wasn't the deal it was supposed to be,needless to say he wasn't so smart in trying to pull a fast one with me.I get on with everyone it pays to in business,but now and again you may have to stick the knife in,when I have to, it goes in deep, cold and very sharp.You can guess who the 'agent'was!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com