Forums

Bloodstock & Breeding

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Aidan In Berlin
19 Jan 10 19:49
| Topic/replies: 739 | Blogger: Aidan In Berlin's blog
I´ve a Desert Prince Yearling at moment, How would i Know if she could be something decent, its the mare´s 1st foal, has the female side of family also a big influence in breeding?
Pause Switch to Standard View New Into Breeding
Show More
Report Prima Donna January 19, 2010 8:36 PM GMT
As far as knowing if it is going to be something decent, you won't until you put it into training. As a general rule if the mare is a non-winner from a family of non-winners then the chances are it won't win. If it is a proflic winning family (at whatever level, selling to Group) then there is more *hope* that it *could* win.
Report Aidan In Berlin January 19, 2010 9:20 PM GMT
the father is Silvano (arlington million and other group races) mother a Riverman mare whose sister won group3 in france
Report Prima Donna January 20, 2010 6:28 AM GMT
What is the name of the yearlings dam?
Report Equimine.co.uk January 20, 2010 7:37 AM GMT
AIB,

Am I correct in thinking your mean Royal Ruby, daughter of Ribera who is a half sister to Oxava?
Report Aidan In Berlin January 21, 2010 7:59 AM GMT
100% correct, wanna buy her :-)?
Report Equimine.co.uk January 21, 2010 10:04 AM GMT
AIB,

I can't tell you if she will win,but using my most basic analysis numbers I would rate her as follows:

2 Year Old: 72 giving an Impact Value of 0.97
3 Year Old: 76 giving an Impact Value of 1.06
Four Year Old Plus: 77 giving an Impact Value of 1.12

An Impact Value of 1.00 is effectively saying 100% matching the average.
Report Ruffian234 January 21, 2010 5:44 PM GMT
Equamine, have you looked at the relationship between price at yearling sales and subsequent performance. I had to do a stats project at school (a while ago now) and took a small sample (100) from tattersalls. Then I took highest acheived handicap mark over the next 5 years racing. When I tried to find a correlation I got nothing significant.

Obviously sample was v. small but wondered if anyone had done anything similar on a larger scale?
Report Equimine.co.uk January 21, 2010 6:39 PM GMT
Ruffian,

Samples have been taken over substantially larger numbers. Without wanting to seem as breaking "spamming" rules I would suggest the user name gives a clue.
Report Aidan In Berlin April 8, 2010 10:12 AM BST
As i said new into breeding, my mare gave birth to a Toylsome filly last night then promptly died a few hours later.
Report Prima Donna April 8, 2010 12:09 PM BST
very sad to hear that news,it can be very tough sometimes.Hope your mare is OK.
Report Aidan In Berlin April 8, 2010 12:41 PM BST
thanks very much, it was the mare who died.
Report Prima Donna April 8, 2010 12:58 PM BST
Thats the worst,have you got a foster mare?
Report Aidan In Berlin April 8, 2010 6:48 PM BST
There is one indeed, foal will be picked up from clinic tomorrow and we´ll try it, now been fed every 2 hours on powdered milk.
Report Prima Donna April 8, 2010 6:51 PM BST
Its a nightmare!we lost a mare about 15 years ago,got a foster in, foal took to its new dam , the foal did very well,hope it works out for you.
Report ben10 April 8, 2010 8:53 PM BST
Sorry to hear that Andrew, hope she leaves her legacy in your filly :(
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com