Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
feedthepony
23 Jun 21 23:10
| Topic/replies: 2,010 | Blogger: feedthepony's blog
Your super rich global elites have their plans and bunkers etc to survive an apocalyptic event.

They have expectations that they will still be able to live a life of luxury in their bunker and once they are allowed out.

How tho do they expect to do this?  Surely their money becomes worthless so they will no longer be able to control the few who remain outside their bunker, or the servants they took into the bunker with them?

Would it not become survival of the fittest and would all the physically stronger men who survived not just beat them to death and steal all their luxury, women and status?

They've not really thought it out properly
Pause Switch to Standard View Apocalypse Planning
Show More
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 11:14 PM BST
The ultimate irony, stretch it until it breaks.
Report ericster June 24, 2021 8:38 AM BST
Surviving after an apocalyptic, what would be the point?
And it would [be] survival of the fittest.
Money would be worthless.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 9:32 AM BST
As the op says, they just don't get it.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 9:45 AM BST
Reminds me of this great episode of the Twilight Zone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Enough_at_Last
Report feedthepony June 24, 2021 10:08 AM BST

Jun 24, 2021 -- 2:38AM, ericster wrote:

Surviving after an apocalyptic, what would be the point?And it would [be] survival of the fittest.Money would be worthless.

Exactly ericster - they seem to be under the impression it would be business as usual for them after the event.

Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 10:29 AM BST
My link above.........

"Time Enough at Last" became one of the most famous episodes of the original Twilight Zone. It is the story of a man who seeks salvation in the rubble of a ruined world and tells of Henry Bemis, played by Burgess Meredith, who loves books yet is surrounded by those who would prevent him from reading them. The episode follows Bemis through the post-apocalyptic world, touching on such social issues as anti-intellectualism, the dangers of reliance upon technology, and the difference between solitude and loneliness.

Mr. Henry Bemis, a charter member in the fraternity of dreamers. A bookish little man whose passion is the printed page, but who is conspired against by a bank president and a wife and a world full of tongue-cluckers and the unrelenting hands of a clock. But in just a moment, Mr. Bemis will enter a world without bank presidents or wives or clocks or anything else. He'll have a world all to himself... without anyone.

Finding himself alone in a shattered world with canned food to last him a lifetime and no means of leaving to look for other survivors, Bemis succumbs to despair. As he prepares to commit suicide using a revolver he has found, Bemis sees the ruins of the public library in the distance. Investigating, he finds that the books are still intact; all the books he could ever hope for are his for the reading, and time to read them without interruption.

His despair gone, Bemis contentedly sorts the books he looks forward to reading for years to come, with no obligations to get in the way. Just as he bends down to pick up the first book, he stumbles, and his glasses fall off and shatter. In shock, he picks up the broken remains of the glasses without which he is virtually blind and bursts into tears, surrounded by books he now can never read.
Report ericster June 24, 2021 10:32 AM BST
MY luck.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 10:36 AM BST
Laugh If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Grin
Report ericster June 24, 2021 10:46 AM BST
Tell me about it.Sad
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 10:57 AM BST
Never mind eric, just sing along with the poor souls fighting the 2nd WW, they ironically sang an  Irving Berlin song sung by vera lynn.......It's a lovely day tomorrow
Tomorrow is a lovely day. Laugh. Of course tomorrow was not a lovely day. Sad
Report ericster June 24, 2021 11:00 AM BST
I suppose in contrast, and relative to fighting [any] war, tomorrow can't be bad can it although it's not something I look forward to.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 11:08 AM BST
Eric I will help you carry the heavy load.................hold on, I can barley carry my own
CryLaugh
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 11:10 AM BST
If it wasn't for my unfounded optimism, I would have topped myself years ago. ShockedGrin
Report ericster June 24, 2021 11:16 AM BST
Best not go there btf.
Report boxingthefox June 24, 2021 11:17 AM BST
I agree. Love
Report brassneck June 25, 2021 10:30 PM BST
i think that the Germans have a rule about building a house.A celler must be built under every building in cast of a doomsday scenario.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com